I Have Been Turned Down By Egg Is There Another Card You Can Use For Sbts

Options
Hi There Everyone Great Site ,can Anyone Tell Me If There Is Another Card You Can Use For Sbts Apart From The Egg Card I Was Turned Down In Dec So Im Useing The Slow Method But Its Taken Me A Month To Stooze £900 ,thankfull For Any Help.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi There Everyone Great Site ,can Anyone Tell Me If There Is Another Card You Can Use For Sbts Apart From The Egg Card I Was Turned Down In Dec So Im Useing The Slow Method But Its Taken Me A Month To Stooze £900 ,thankfull For Any Help.
    I have a smile visa card (the online arm of co-op >> https://www.smile.co.uk) which has cheques which attract a fee for using them but this is capped at £25 so fine for transferring reasonable amounts to a bank account.
  • delta.p1966
    Options
    anactuary wrote:
    I have a smile visa card (the online arm of co-op >> https://www.smile.co.uk) which has cheques which attract a fee for using them but this is capped at £25 so fine for transferring reasonable amounts to a bank account.
    hi thanks for the info,but i cant see how you can earn any intrest if they dont offer 0% for a certain amount of months but thanks anyway.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The information you're looking for can be found by clicking the 'Stoozing' & 'Super BTs' links in the blue box above your first post.

Also see https://www.stoozing.com/0fees.htm

Do you know why Egg declined you?
    Did you appeal?
    Have you checked your credit reports?
  • delta.p1966
    Options
    Thanks yorkshire boy i think i know why i got turned down by egg my wife defaulted on a cataloge bill back in 2001 for £120 i also have a large mortgage 125000, we only earn £30.000 between us and ive been tarting for the last 18 months at the moment i have a lloydstsb american express card, a virgin card ,and a sainsburys card i just cancelled my capital one card.what do you think.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    what do you think.
    Your mortgage is over 4 x joint salary, your wife has a default (she will have been searched as a financial associate of yours), you have 3 (possibly 4) cards with some debt(?), and presumably a lot of available credit. To be brutally honest, I think you'll struggle. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear.

However, as you've already been searched, perhaps your best bet would be to appeal the Egg decision, rather than incur another (possibly wasted) search.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hi thanks for the info,but i cant see how you can earn any intrest if they dont offer 0% for a certain amount of months but thanks anyway.
    Sorry - wasn't clear - balance transfer from a 0% card to a smile visa and then write a cheque to the savings account - this is using smile as a mule card as per Martin's site.
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anactuary wrote:
    Sorry - wasn't clear - balance transfer from a 0% card to a smile visa and then write a cheque to the savings account - this is using smile as a mule card as per Martin's site.

Hi anactuary
    What exactly is it you are trying to do ? Smile in not really a mule (SBT) card ... well, not a free one anyway. When you write a Smile cheque there is no 0% introductory period: you get charged 10.9%/13.8% AER from the date the cheque payment leaves your smile credit card account and you get the 2% cheque fee (capped at £25) as well.

Are you saying that you are putting your smile credit card account into a positive balance by doing the BT from Smile to the 0% card ?

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure