Ryanair - Traveling to Belfast, Ireland without passport?

Options
13»

Comments

• PolishBigSpender
    Options
    For the record, I've used my provisional when flying Easyjet within the CTA and haven't had a problem.

However, for peace of mind - go to Newcastle Airport if you can and get written confirmation from someone there that provisional driving licences are acceptable. However, Easyjet have quite an easy policy on ID as far as I know - so there shouldn't be an issue with provisional driving licences. Do take both parts though, just in case.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have the second part of my license. Although I was certain I could just use the license on it's own as I did a few years back on a flight to Exeter.

Is there a contact number for easyjet cos I can't find one on the website at all, and I need to sort this out!
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Options
    Immigration/Special Branch have no issues with driving licences (provisional or full) on CTA flights, however - and this applies for all members of the CTA.
    Only for British or Irish citizens. Third country nationals require a valid passport / EU National ID card when moving between the UK and Ireland.
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    lufcgirl wrote: »
    I don't have the second part of my license. Although I was certain I could just use the license on it's own as I did a few years back on a flight to Exeter.

It shouldn't be a problem, I've never produced the counterpart either.

As for contact numbers - the only numbers will cost you a stupid amount, I'm afraid.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Options
    lufcgirl wrote: »
    Is there a contact number for easyjet cos I can't find one on the website at all, and I need to sort this out!
    Try 02072419000 or 01582 700036.

http://saynoto0870.com
  • Rachie004
    Options
    From the EasyJet website:
    The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services. Passengers who use the online check-in service will be required to provide photographic ID at the security gate and again at the boarding gate.
    Please see Infants and Children section below for exceptions to ID requirements relating to children.
    Please note: Passengers, other than British or Irish nationals, travelling between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, are required to produce a valid passport and any associated relevant travel documentation.

It doesn't specify which types of photographic ID are acceptable though - very strange! Maybe they just aren't fussy :rotfl:
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    I've just contacted easyjet who have said it's absolutely fine to use a provisional flying to Belfast as ID
  • irishjohn
    irishjohn Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [quote=
    And if you don't have a passport, what's the point in shelling out a small fortune for one if you don't need one? Again, check the carrier's T&C's before travelling and you won't have a problem.[/quote]

Of course there is no point in shelling out for a passport if you don't have it - but if you already have one - its the most straightforward way of covering all the conditions as it is the universally accepted document.
    John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport