Burglar Alarm codes

Options
Hi,
My burglar alarm has started flashing the 'tamper' light, ACCENTA 8 Mini. I have checked it carefully using the walk test etc. and there is nothing wrong. The alarm works perfectly apart from the flashing light. I have carried out all the tests in the handbook.
The installer tells me that he has to come and service it and input a code to turn the light off which is a reminder to have it serviced. He wants £45 +VAT to do this.
Anybody know how to turn the warning off as I reall do not think it needs servicing.
Jo

Comments

• gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure it doesn't need servicing. It's just a built-in timer to generate a steady income for the company that installed it. The amount you pay to them will far exceed any discount you get on your contents insurance.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Service Timer Warning
    It is recommended that your alarm is maintained periodically and this feature highlights the most appropriate times. This however will not interfere in any way with the day to day operations of your system or its capabilities.
    http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TSACMG3.html

At the bottom of the page are some links to .pdf files for installation, servicing, & engineer access manuals.

This information was found by searching https://www.google.co.uk for 'ACCENTA 8 Mini', and is just one of dozens of results returned.
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If you follow the links supplied by Yorkshireboy and obtain the manuals you should find the engineers code which may reset the timer.

I say may because some of these things generate a code on the LCD pad that has to be input into a program that then provides another code to switch it off.

I think its called "money for old rope" at least thats what i call it.
  • LittleJo
    LittleJo Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for reminding me about the GOOGLE search, should have have been the first thing to try. I will downlaod the files and let you know how I get on.
    Jo
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    on some alarms, disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it, works to reset.
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport