Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

The 'complete this challenge' challenge...suitable for all! - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

The 'complete this challenge' challenge...suitable for all!

edited 13 June 2009 at 6:42PM in Debt Free Diaries
1.2K replies 65.2K views

Replies

• MudbathMudbath Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited list:

- Decorate the children's bedrooms and make them nice places to be (borrowed this one from see78 - hope you don't mind!)
    - Research a 10 year fixed deal for the mortgage so that I know what i'm paying for the rest of the mortgage.
    - Start buying for christmas 2009 straight away and WRAP AS I BUY!!!
    - Don't buy any presents at full price
    - Write down all presents I buy and who they're for
    - Get a new bank account for when we leave the one account
    - Stick to the budget every month
    - Do as much of my 2008-2009 tax return by the end of January
    - Do homework for course by 14th January (it's due at the end of the month)
    - Complete coursework for hospice care diploma

I'd better start crossing some of these off soon xx
  • Mudbath wrote: »
    Pandapaws - i'm impressed at the tax return. This is the first time i've done mine early too, normally it's last minute and weighing a tonne on my shoulders. I'm not working for a couple of months so i'm going to complete my next tax return as far as I can before start work again. I'm going to add that to my list!!! Thanks for the idea xx

Sorry for adding to your list!

Not sure what I should start doing next. Probably the massive de-clutter but I don't know where to start. Should I sign up for Flylady and her shoes emails again? I know there's a thread on here somewhere, does anyone here use it?
  • MudbathMudbath Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it - it's on the old style board and it's sorted me out. Friendly bunch too!!! xx
  • Right, here's my main list of objectives for the year, which I'm still working to:

1. [strike]Get the tax return done in time[/strike] done 27/12/08.:j
    2. Sort out and maintain all our financial records (have slipped lately and it's a mess)
    3. This year I WILL get all my Ebay stock finally listed on Ebay
    4. I WILL have a clean, easily-maintained, clutter-free home.
    5. Need to get the garage cleared out - Freecycle if necessary.
    6. Reduce the debt by at least £20k over this year.

And here are a few smaller things that I want to achieve by the end of Jan:

1. [STRIKE]Tax return[/STRIKE] (cheating as I've already done it, but motivating to cross something so big off the list already!)
    2. Get both kids bedrooms sorted out, with everything not needed ebayed/freecycled/put in the loft until needed again.
    3. Get the rest of the house in a presentable state (which it was before Santa dumped the entire contents of a branch of Toys R Us in the lounge)
    4. Find the slow cooker and steamer and attempt to cook.
    5. Get the study/paperwork all tidied up.
    6. Get up to date on the spreadsheet and do balance transfers before offer ends.

...may add to that as I go along. Thanks for the ideas from other posts.
  • Mudbath wrote: »
    I use it - it's on the old style board and it's sorted me out. Friendly bunch too!!! xx

Thanks, might get the kids to bed and go for a look.
  • hypno06hypno06 Forumite
    32.3K posts
    I'm still doing really well on the chocolate challenge.......apart from that, I have done some dooyoo reviews so am almost half way towards my January target of £50.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Is there a thread about dooyou somewhere? I signed up for dooyou ages ago from something I saw on archerfish and it looked quite promising but with all the things that were going on I never got any further with it. Any advice appreciated - need something that I can do at work since I've lost my dongle and all the gambling sites are barred on work PCs.
  • hypno06hypno06 Forumite
    32.3K posts
    I don't know if there is a thread, but it is quite simple to do and lots of MSEers do it.

If you want me to refer you, remind me of your email addy and I will do so.....
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • first box of choc and a fair amount of gin demolished!! sucess on at at least one challenge!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Hi all,
    I'd like to join in if I can.
    My challenge is to pay off the rest of my debts by September (£6,096)
    I am aiming for September as it looks like I might be losing my job then...
    So.. the second part of my challenge is to find a new job asap.
    The third part of my challenge is to make enough money from MB to have a holiday this year.
    Oh - and I need to complete my tax return for the mystery shopping I have done this year.

Right I have written them down - now need to do it.

Jess