xmass payment esa payed twice?

Options
hi just a quick question i had 2 payments enter my bank today both from esa one for the ammount of £121.10 and another for the amount of £72.00.

now im unsure weather they have payed me 4 weeks money because today i recived a letter from esa saying. " A CHANGE IN YOUR ESA" from the 30th oct 2008 your esa will be £60.55 a week

your living expense £47.95

Extra money because of disability income gurantee £12.60

total esa £60.55

what is the "Extra money because of disability income gurantee" for? dose it have something to do with my dla?

my last payment for esa before this double payment was £95.90 have they payed me for 4 weeks or have they added that disability income and backdated it and thats why i have 2 payments????

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the extra guarantee is payable if you get one of the DLA elements at the higher rate (I think that's right - but it's certainly DLA linked).

so the one payment is two weeks including the extra, and the other is presumable back pay (though it's not quite 6 weeks, so I assume you must have been awarded it part way through a week :confused: )
    Cheryl
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    the extra guarantee is payable if you get one of the DLA elements at the higher rate (I think that's right - but it's certainly DLA linked).

so the one payment is two weeks including the extra, and the other is presumable back pay (though it's not quite 6 weeks, so I assume you must have been awarded it part way through a week :confused: )

It sounds like the enhanced disability premium which is awarded if you get DLA care at the highest rate, but I have also read that it is awarded otherwise too.
  • jox_2
    jox_2 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    thanks i think thats what it is then as applied for dla and esa at the same time, dla obviosly took longer so it seems they have backdated it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure