Photo not showing who the driver is ?

Hi, 2 friends of mine had been using a car park all day but as they were in and out all day purchased a new ticket each time they went in. On one of the occasions they went over the stated time. A camera picked it up and a ticket was given. The picture does not show who the driver as on that occasion. What should they do ?
I owe many thanks to free-easy-money.com !:beer:

Replies

• bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Micro wrote: »
    Hi, 2 friends of mine had been using a car park all day but as they were in and out all day purchased a new ticket each time they went in. On one of the occasions they went over the stated time. A camera picked it up and a ticket was given. The picture does not show who the driver as on that occasion. What should they do ?
    Was this a Council or Private car park? If it was a private car park, the "ticket" is just toilet paper, and can be safely ignored. If it was Council, they need to check out the paperwork and signage, appeal if they're non-compliant, otherwise pay up.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 55, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • MicroMicro Forumite
    464 Posts
    bargepole wrote: »
    Was this a Council or Private car park? If it was a private car park, the "ticket" is just toilet paper, and can be safely ignored. If it was Council, they need to check out the paperwork and signage, appeal if they're non-compliant, otherwise pay up.

The car was parked in Wickes ( Focus DIY ) and I have received a 'Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice '. I dont think the council have anything to do there.

Received the notice through the post today - Merry Christmas !

So ignore it ?
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The car was parked in Wickes ( Focus DIY ) and I have received a 'Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice '. I dont think the council have anything to do there.

Received the notice through the post today - Merry Christmas !

So ignore it ?
    Yes, it's unenforceable garbage. See Martin's latest article on the main site.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 55, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • MicroMicro Forumite
    464 Posts
    bargepole wrote: »
    Yes, it's unenforceable garbage. See Martin's latest article on the main site.

Thankyou very much. You've made my christmas !!:beer:
  • 27col27col Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when have you had to pay to park in Wickes.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • MicroMicro Forumite
    464 Posts
    27col wrote: »
    Since when have you had to pay to park in Wickes.

They were 30 mins over the 'free' hour they 'provide ! Needless to say they're not going there again !!!
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou very much. You've made my christmas !!:beer:

:j Merry Christmas:T
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides