Options
beverley1296
beverley1296 Posts: 186 Forumite
edited 22 March 2011 at 11:04AM in Disability money matters
sorted out thanks

Comments

• somebody_else
    Options
    Beverly, are you aware that if you are in receipt of the HRM of DLA and a blue badge, you can apply to have a disabled bay outside your home?
    s/e
  • nanokitten
    Options
    also, if you live alone you can register with the council for assited collections and they will enter your property to collect your bins from where they are stored and replace them where they belong.
    Not sure wether you would get a grant for the leveling as many councils have spent this years money already and are probably being quite tight now, you might be better applying in april when there will be a new pot of money, this would give you some time to explore the other options (which if they don't work out might stregthen your case).
  • TaBunny
    TaBunny Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I agree with both the above posters I have a bay outside my home but any blue badge user can use it but I've never had a problem with that and I rung the council and got put on the special collections list and the dustmen come in, I got a facilities grant but that was for putting in a wet room and I had to go through an OT so maybe talk to one of them and see if there's anything they can do to help. Can you not get a tumble to help dry the clothes, I had to have one of those as I'm not strong enough to lift basket of washing and peg it out, I do realise some people can't afford or have space enough for tumbles though.
    :p
  • haz1972
    Options
    hi,

Can anyone help?
    i am getting my new car on mobility scheme, and i wanted to know how do i get disabled bay outside my home as I live in an area where parking is a imposible due to unconsiderete drivers on my road.

Where do i apply?
    how long will it take?
    do i have to pay anything?

Haz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business