Stoozing with Tesco

Options
Looks like Tesco maybe clamping down on Stoozers and those chasing 0% deals constantly on there cards.

Link here http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-and-loans/article.html?in_article_id=406239&in_page_id=9

Basically says they are considering plans to actively reject credit card applicants that have a history of switching their balance!! They want customers who are basically loyal to them (didn't know they existed anymore!!)

Tesco are way ahead of most on techy stuff, plus they pack a powerful punch! so watch out, maybe stay clear of these for now see how things work out.

Comments

• headcovers
    Options
    Yeah right...."They want customers who are basically loyal to them", pah!.

If that's the case why have they just put my rate of interest up again. I've been a loyal customer for three years.

(I keep mine to purely buy my Tesco shopping online and for the extra points)
  • dennyboy
    dennyboy Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    [HTML](I keep mine to purely buy my Tesco shopping online and for the extra points)[/HTML]

If your getting something out of them Headcovers i'd stick with it, but make sure you pay off the balance when due. Don't want to be giving Tesco any of our hard earn cash do we :beer:
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I first heard of stoozing I could not believe it. I have no problem in understanding the logic of it and how it's done, but I am amazed that credit card companies have not stopped this months ago.

Not that I mind the idea of stoozing, after all greedy financial companies deserve to everything they get, but surely this can't go on for much longer.

Oh well, just when I was warming up to the idea of having a go myself... :rolleyes:
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, might as well go for it until it does become too difficult.
    Happy chappy
  • InMyDreams
    Options
    Quasar wrote:
    When I first heard of stoozing I could not believe it. I have no problem in understanding the logic of it and how it's done, but I am amazed that credit card companies have not stopped this months ago.
    Well I just wonder what sort of percentage of people who attempt it do end up messing up or getting complacent and then get stung by fees/interest charges. Maybe that type of person wouldn't bother to come back here to report their mistakes, and the card companies are laughing. Maybe too there are those for whom the temptation of all that 'free' cash in a savings account is just too great. Is this what the card companies are hoping for? Or maybe the proportion of people actually doing it is still so small as to be not worth them doing anything about it yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure