Alliance& Leics current account

Options
Has anyone managed to open the new Alliance& Leics Plus current account? I sent all the relevent forms back to them and had it all agreed on 25th August but then it all went quiet! I telephoned them and new forms were sent, completed again and sent back. Still NOTHING! Phoned them and was told they were having problems and more forms would be sent. Not arrived so phoned them again today and was told that they "have thousands waiting to open this account". In the meantime I have had the £25 bonus put into the account. Is this mine and can I spend it and then forget about trying to open this account?
I say what I like, I like what I say!

Comments

• Swiss_Toni
    Options
    If this is the Premier Plus account ie Internet-only banking, then I have it. ::)

But no £25 bonus?!!!!
    ???

No probs with the change, and the interest rate is good so long as you manage to £2.5k
  • sallie_2
    Options
    You should deffo have got the £25. I would phone them about it....that is if you can get through.
    I have got the debit card and cheque book but they have not requested my company to transfer my salary nor have they swiched my standing orders. I am getting so frustrated by all this as I'm missing out on all this lovely interest :(
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IIRC the £25 bonus depends on WHERE and WHEN you opened the account. If you opened it online, you probably are entitled (although it might have stopped and re-started - can't remember), if you opened it by phone or in a branch you might not be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure