We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Bathstore Question

Options
Hi Guys,

I saw a bathroom suite i like in Bathstore it's called the Euro Duo, but it is a little out of my price range.
I was wondering if i could get it cheaper through another company or the manufacturer?
Does anyone know if Bathstore buy in the suites and re-brand them as there own or if they do actually make them?

Any ideas would be brill.

Thanks
V
1k to 10,00k in 2010 challenge member 242!

Comments

• andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bathstore products are unique to bathstore.com

wait till there next sale and you will save around 40%

others brands to use are ideal standard and twyfords, both are now doing contempoary ranges
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • angelavdavis
    Options
    Plumbworld have a good selection of similar styles. I have always found them to be really reasonable with their pricing.
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plumbworld have a good selection of similar styles. I have always found them to be really reasonable with their pricing.

plumbworld sell shonky rubbish

there ceramica range is badly finish and deformed

try returning a item after its been delivered....i now refuse to fit anything that there sell
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you open an account with Bathstore you get 10% discount - but not on offer items.

Perhaps your plumber has/might open an account & you just pay for the suite.

VB
  • WobblyGoblin
    Options
    Just a bit of patience is what you need.

We were going to buy from Bathstore during a sale but missed the deadline. About a month later and they had their next sale - our stuff was even cheaper. Saved about £200.

Their next sale can't be long coming around (boxing day possibly?)
  • LadyinBlack_2
    Options
    We bought from Bathstore in a sale. The staff told us when the sale was so we waited. Their service has been excellent. Any time we've rung up they've been helpful and always ring back. We did have a few problems but they have all been sorted easily. Was more impressed than I thought I would be.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We bought a bathroom suite from them last year.

Apart from the bath legs which were missing (later rectified) they were very good and we are pleased with the products.

They were in the `sale` but they have them often.
  • angelavdavis
    Options
    andyhop wrote: »
    plumbworld sell shonky rubbish

there ceramica range is badly finish and deformed

try returning a item after its been delivered....i now refuse to fit anything that there sell

I didn't have these problems to be honest, otherwise I wouldn't have recommended them - clearly!
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
  • pete_v
    pete_v Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, I too have had good service from Plumbworld. They might sell shonky rubbish (and maybe some people want shonky rubbish, if it's cheap enough) but they also sell perfectly good Ideal Standard stuff, which is what I bought. I ordered it after hours, and it arrived 36 hours later.
  • robv_3
    robv_3 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    Bath store are owned by either Jewsons or Travis so may be able to get it cheaper from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure