🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Join National Shopping Monitor

Options

Comments

• davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another Question to all those already doing it. Can you explain what you have to do and how your life differs before you did it (That's in terms of product purchases and spending not due to inflation)???
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,961 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pa2539 wrote: »
    I have been scanning shopping for about 2 years now for NSM. You receive the scanner through the post (and it's free) and then you plug it in, scan every item of shopping then once a week, NSM dial up to your scanner for the information. You get points for all sorts of things like questionnaires, birthday bonus, monthly bonus so the points add up. I've probably had around £120 of vouchers while I've been doing it. You can choose your vouchers e.g. argos, next, b&q, etc. It is a pain at the beginning trying to remember to scan things and finding the shops in the book but now it's like second nature.

I have received a memo that says 'know anyone who is interested in joining the panel? Please refer them to www.volunteer4panels.com
    On this website they can register their details in an online form. Please note that because we have to keep our panels demographically balanced there may not be a vacancy straight away and there is no guarantee that they will be invited to join.'

Hope this helps somebody.

I have been registered with volunteer4panels for 2 years and never had an invite for anything :confused:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pa2539
    pa2539 Posts: 6,566 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    They download all the information through your landline. You get an adapter in the pack which has 2 points- one for your homeline and one for the scanner. I have never heard it dialling and I am a light sleeper so no worries about getting woken up in the middle of the night!

No you don't input prices- the only few you do have to is if you go to the butchers or greengrocers and then you have to put the weight of your fruti, etc. and the cost but I very rarely do that as most things are now prepacked.

It takes me approx 10 mins now extra when putting away my main shop. It does take a little longer at the beginning until you get used to the system. If you don't like it, let them know and send the equipment back and they'll just take you off the list so nothing lost. As far change in habits, I haven't noticed any change, I still buy the same things I just have to remember to scan them.
  • lannyloo
    Options
    davester wrote: »
    Another Question to all those already doing it. Can you explain what you have to do and how your life differs before you did it (That's in terms of product purchases and spending not due to inflation)???

When you have been shopping you simply click on your personal barcode (so they know which family member has inputted) then the shops code, type in how much you spent at the shop, whether you used a loyalty card (Boots etc) then you click on all the barcodes for what you bought, if its stuff like meat, cheese, etc it asks you for the weight.

Then you just put the clicker back on the cradle, and every week they transmit silently to the company. Then all you have to do is pop your receipts in 1 of the envelopes and send to them.

It doesnt take very much time to do, i usually click away as im unpacking the shopping, and your points can be used towards vouchers.
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    Thanks OP, Have just applied.
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • flipper_2010
    Options
    I've been sent my scanner today, but it wouldn't scan at first so i reset it but now it wont go to the home page on the scanner, anyone else had the same problem??
  • vampire_john
    Options
    How does it take to recive the scanner and have you ever recived any charge on your phoneline how does the scanner came

:confused:

plz reply

thanks Vampire John
  • vampire_john
    Options
    How does it take to recive the scanner and have you ever recived any charge on your phoneline how does the scanner came and hve u has any problems with them

:confused:

plz reply

thanks Vampire John
  • louisebbctlc
    Options
    I have just registered
    :jHas lots to look forward to in 2011!!:j
    :o Baby GIRL DUE 15.2.11:o
    sealed pot challange no-876
    Mummy to DS 18/12/99 and DD 08/05/06
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VampireJohn there is no cost to you as the company make the call to the scanner device. Hope that helps.
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport