Join National Shopping Monitor

Options
I have been scanning shopping for about 2 years now for NSM. You receive the scanner through the post (and it's free) and then you plug it in, scan every item of shopping then once a week, NSM dial up to your scanner for the information. You get points for all sorts of things like questionnaires, birthday bonus, monthly bonus so the points add up. I've probably had around £120 of vouchers while I've been doing it. You can choose your vouchers e.g. argos, next, b&q, etc. It is a pain at the beginning trying to remember to scan things and finding the shops in the book but now it's like second nature.

I have received a memo that says 'know anyone who is interested in joining the panel? Please refer them to www.volunteer4panels.com
On this website they can register their details in an online form. Please note that because we have to keep our panels demographically balanced there may not be a vacancy straight away and there is no guarantee that they will be invited to join.'

Hope this helps somebody.

Comments

• davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you walk around the shops with a hand scanner scanning items ?
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • pa2539
    pa2539 Posts: 6,559 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry no you don't walk around shopping.

When you have finished your shopping and you start unpacking it to put away then you scan in the items in the comfort of your own home.
  • davester
    Options
    ok
    sounds a lot less weird
  • artyfartymack
    Options
    Oooh sounds good. I've registered. Fingers crossed
  • manch235ter
    Options
    is this Shop and Scan? or another firm that does the same thing? Its just im sure i registered with Shop and Scan through Volunteer4panels
    James thinks worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere

If i help you...Please thank me! :beer:
  • linni
    linni Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've registered too. Thanks.
  • lannyloo
    Options
    is this Shop and Scan? or another firm that does the same thing? Its just im sure i registered with Shop and Scan through Volunteer4panels

Yeah its part of the same company. I was with shopandscan till the clicker died, it wouldnt transmit when attached to my computer.

So, they offered me this other one, its more or less the same idea, except that the clickers base is plugged into your phone line, and theres more barcodes to scan (like different dairy products)
  • davester
    Options
    how do they download your scans?

Nvm I see
  • niftysixty
    Options
    I seem to remember a couple of years back a company who did this type of thing (dont know what it was called now).
    Apparently to upoload the scanned data they would ring in the middle of the night and at early times with their automated system.:eek: This obviously would disturb the whole house hearing the phone go in the middle of the night.
    Is this the case here, or am I rambling a bit?

Otherwise sounds great.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Do you have to input the prices? I did something like this a few years ago but it started taking waaay too long as I had to put in the prices of each item! My old one sounds like the last poster - we had middle of the night calls too! I think it was something to do with Nielsons.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport