Replace and Install new boiler

Hiya your thoughts would be appreciated on this quote. Would anyone have any preferance on the boilers to be fitted?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards
JOB DETAILS
  • Flush heating system
  • Disconnect & remove existing boiler
  • Adapt pipework as necessary to suit new boiler
  • Supply & fit Worcester Bosch 28i condensing combi boiler and integral filling loop
  • Swap valves on x7 radiators for thermostatic Radiator valves (TRV’s) and new lockshields
  • Re-pipe kitchen radiator with 15mm pipework in conduit
  • Remove radiator in dining room, supply & fit 1200mm x 600mm double rad on other wall & install new pipework
  • Treat system with inhibitor (anti-corrosion)
  • Test & commission

Total Cost £1778.00 (inc cost of new rad)

ALTERNATIVES

Vokera Unica £1728
Vaillant EcoTECPlus 837 £1953

Comments

• Sorry forgot to mention in greater manchester.

Ta
  • This sounds reasonable to me. Son in York has just had WB 24i fitted, plus all thermostats, tests etc, for £1350, a bargain compared to Npower and BG quotes of £2300 plus. With the extra radiator work you're having done, and a more expensive, bigger boiler, I reckon that's a very fair quote.
  • bowytt wrote: »
    Hiya your thoughts would be appreciated on this quote. Would anyone have any preferance on the boilers to be fitted?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards
    JOB DETAILS
    • Flush heating system
    • Disconnect & remove existing boiler
    • Adapt pipework as necessary to suit new boiler
    • Supply & fit Worcester Bosch 28i condensing combi boiler and integral filling loop
    • Swap valves on x7 radiators for thermostatic Radiator valves (TRV’s) and new lockshields
    • Re-pipe kitchen radiator with 15mm pipework in conduit
    • Remove radiator in dining room, supply & fit 1200mm x 600mm double rad on other wall & install new pipework
    • Treat system with inhibitor (anti-corrosion)
    • Test & commission
    Total Cost £1778.00 (inc cost of new rad)

ALTERNATIVES

Vokera Unica £1728
    Vaillant EcoTECPlus 837 £1953

Good afternoon: I'd recommend the Vaillant over the WB ( the former has a stainless steel heat exchanger) There is a huge difference between the 837 and the WB in terms of DHW flow rate and other features.

Good price but make sure the installation is notified and pipework is insulated as required....a Boiler Buddy or Magnaclean is also a good idea. You can download details on installation requirements from the respective manufacturer's websites.

Lots of threads on this forum you can have a nose through for more info and opinions.;)

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Sounds fair and honest to me.
  • I agree sound like a decent price really!!
    OH THE JOYS OF BEING SELF-EMPLOYED!! Can Travel,Will Work For Free!
  • Oh no - it must be a good price (it is - and is about what we would charge) if Sparky thinks that and doesnt think it is a gas engineer ripping you off.!! (Only joking Sparky - Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you)
  • Hiya

Thanks for the ifo. Thought it was a good price really just thought i'd see what most people think. The fitter prefers the WB as hes says that generally they are the best all round. He admitted that he fits them all the time and more familiar with them.
    In the long run he thinks the vaillent are more to maintain in terms of spare parts etc and initial outlay. Hes not fitted too many so doesn't have too much experience.
    He actually said that we could get away with a 24i (7 rads (all small/medium) + 1 towel rail) smallish end terrace) But we might eventually get a mains power shower (currently electric) so the 28i would be the better option long run.
    What are the warrenties like on the Vallient. I believe that WB is two years (10 years heat exchanger). Again something to consider.

All the paperwork is included. Was very detailed in what will do, papers all regs pretty much everything was written on quote. He's also on Safetrade.com if that means anything. Said would 2 days. Sound about right??

Thanks again
  • My new years resolution is to be fair to all Men including Gas Fitters,you will have a bad enough time trying to explain to the customers that you are not Corgi registered anymore and are now Capita registered,Was changing a dimmer switch and the lady would not let me carry out the work until we had assured her we were Corgi Registered which we duly did,Merry Christmas.
    OH THE JOYS OF BEING SELF-EMPLOYED!! Can Travel,Will Work For Free!
  • v.rajput
    v.rajput Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

Im about to get a qoute for a worchester, i will check the model and quote against mine, but im about 5 miles from heathrow.

But tell me if someone is not corgi registered and then say they can provide the relevent paperwork, how would they do it? How would i know the certificate is real etc etc.

VJ
  • v.rajput wrote: »
    Hi,

Im about to get a qoute for a worchester, i will check the model and quote against mine, but im about 5 miles from heathrow.

But tell me if someone is not corgi registered and then say they can provide the relevent paperwork, how would they do it? How would i know the certificate is real etc etc.

VJ

Good evening: Do every RGI and the unsuspecting public a favour and call 0800 915 0491 to report illegal gas work. See why here

I do despair at times :wall:
    Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure