Boiler Replacement Advice Pls Again!!

Options
Hi,

I cant get the warm front grant, so i will be looking for a corgi guy to replace my boiler.

Where do i start do look??, Im in Slough, berks, if anyone knows one.

Do i have to use a Corgi guy, as i do have a builder who can do the job.

What is should i expect in the qoute.

Thanks in advance for any help

PS MERRY XMAS TO ALL

Comments

• EliteHeat
    EliteHeat Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    v.rajput wrote: »
    Do i have to use a Corgi guy, as i do have a builder who can do the job.

Builders! is there anything that they cannot do?

Alternatively try here to find a local installer who is actually qualified and can legally do the work.
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Get a CORGI in...and one who is actually qualified for boiler installation - check credentials by asking to see their card (and that it matches against details on CORGI website so you know it's valid - though i'd check this yourself before they turn up on your doorstep!). The electric side of things will come under Part P regulations so a heating engineer with electrical qualifactions who can self-certify the work would be good. You will need to ensure you get a Building Regulations Compliance certificate after the job is complete both for the gas installation and electrical installation - installer should sort this paperwork out which will follow within a month or so.

Get the job done properly once by a qualified installer...not a builder (though it could be the builder subcontracts out to a qualified installer i suppose)! Get at least 3 quotes from qualified CORGI heating engineers (preferably via recommendations to you) before you make a decision and make sure you get a written quote before work commences.

The boiler makes being recommended around here are Vaillant (which i have), Worcester-Bosch and Viessmann

Hope that helps

Andy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family