🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Abbey

Options
Hi i have a Abbey basic bank account (also step Natwest account) and the other week i went into my local branch and i upgraded to a Instant Plus which i think is a basic account with a debit card but they said i couldn't have a debit card yet i had to carry on using the cash card a pain in the !!!:mad: . They told me i should be able to upgrade to a visa electron next month. :confused:
So does anyone know how long before i could upgrade this to a normal bank account and how long before they would issue a Full Visa debit card?
i pay in about £550 a month.
I've had the account since September.

Comments

• Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    If you need one, try switching banks? There's no reason the Visa electron should be scored or "restricted" and it's pretty poor that it is, considering pretty much every other bank does a basic debit card.

I know Barclays does at opening, and I think Clydesdale or Yorkshire do as well (something northern sounding). There's probably some Solo alternatives out there if you feel like slumming it.
    What would William Shatner do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family