Concrete Driveway

Options
Has anybody a 'ball park' figure for excavation to a section of front garden (20m2 in total) and the laying of a concrete driveay.

Area NE England

I've been given a figure of approx £90-£100 / m2 + VAT

How does that sound ??

thanks

Comments

• Dualcyclone
    Options
    When I was asking a friend in the industry about concreting my drive, he said its £50-60 p/m2, so I imagine to do your whole driveway (including labor), sounds reasonable! Thats assuming they hard-core it appropriately first...
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    i have a friend who does pattern imprinted driveways and to dig up and lay imprinted drive he charges £65 m2 in a variety of colours and patterns
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • Johnhowell
    Options
    There are new planning rules for impermeable drives - since October I think - when replacing garden.

Check with your local planning department.

John
  • Yorkshire_Bred
    Options
    I think there are new regulations that came into force in October which regulates driveways and paving in your front garden,

I would check to see any work carried out is in accordance with the regs.
  • cazaline
    Options
    I have just had a 30 foot drive done in pattern imprinted concrete which cost £4300 cash in hand! I am also not happy with the end result and neither are my parents with the same company so beware that you have a reputable company to do the work and at this time of year it is very difficult to get it correct due to the weather! I am disgusted with myne and still have'nt recieved the warranty or had the work completed and that is with a national company.:mad:

Hope it goes well.
  • allan673
    allan673 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was getting quotes of around £55 to £60 per sq m for pattern imprinted concrete.(doncaster)
    that included the excavation, and laying of new hardcore. and a choice of colours and styles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure