livebookings restaurant bookings - dont bother useless !

Options
Wanted to book a restaurant for last friday night so noticed on yell that you could book this particular restaurant online using livebookings, so I did.

Turned up at the restaurant for them to tell me they werent taking bookings for the night because it was all Xmas parties. I explained I had booked using livebookings and they told me livebookings had phoned through the booking to them at 4-30pm that day - it was now 7-30pm

Got to work this morning to find an email from livebookings telling me I couldnt have the reservation (sent at 4-38pm) but I missed it since I'd left the office.

Nice one, eh? Dont think I'll bother in future - I'll stick to the old trust phone restaurant direct method....
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update

Complained to livebookings about this. They werent particularly interested. Blamed the restaurant and said it wasnt their problem.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cannot see the problem here. If you purchase something online, book a flight online, book a hotel online you await the e-mail confirmation in my opinion before I take it that it is booked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure