We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New and in need of help...

Options
2»

Comments

• bank_of_slate
    Options
    Hi trenery,
    thanks for posting your SOA, I can only echo RAS's advice to you.
    Also, try keeping a spending diary so you can see how much extra unaccounted for funds are slipping away every month - include EVERYTHING - a bar of chocolate, a sandwich for lunch, a newspaper etc...it's amazing how much is spent every month that you don't even think about.

Do join Quidco for switching phone, utilities etc

Also join Freecycle as there are always lots of items for babies on offer on there.

Your wife may also like to join netmums in her area https://www.netmums.com for excellent forums and more stuff available.

Let us know when you have discussed your situation with CCCS or Payplan!
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • trenery
    trenery Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I look forward to helping others once I get this ball rolling.

Yay for MSE!!
    "You'll remember you don't believe in any of this fate crap... you're in control of your own life... remember?"
  • trenery
    Options
    As of yesterday I've wrote to all my creditors asking for an IVA as well as a payment holiday to pay my arrears in other area's. I've promised payments to start in January so I'm hoping everything goes ok there.

I'm currently in the process of changing my bank account too...

I have to say it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and even though I know the road to debt recovery is long I'm starting to feel confident :)

As the weeks and months pass I'll let everyone know how I'm getting on and I also want to help others in situations similar to mine.

The MSE Musketeers!
    "You'll remember you don't believe in any of this fate crap... you're in control of your own life... remember?"
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 33,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    trenery

You cannot ask for an IVA. it has to be arranged by an IVA practitioner.

Please can you retrieve the letters?

And please speak properly to the debt charities. CCCS can organise an IVA if that it appropriate as they are approved IVA practitioners.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • trenery
    Options
    I'm following advice from Payplan, they sent me through a book of steps to take and step 2 was to write to my creditors advising that an IVA were to be put in place. I've been given a policy reference from payplan to quote on all the correspondance. I'll have to ring Payplan to see if I'm doing this right...

Thanks for pointing this out...
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 33,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Ok, Just thought you were trying to set up an IVA, not that you were telling them Payplan are setting one up.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport