What do you think I should do ! Advice needed please !

Options
Sold an item on Thursday, seller paid by Paypal.

It was for a tealight house.

I`d advertised the house as `cafe amsterdam`. When I came to package it up, I looked at the box and it said Cafe Vienna, .. Panic striken, I emailed the seller to apologise profusely for being a moron and offered her a refund if she no longer wanted it. Saturday she replied saying it was for a friend who likes going to amsterdam, so she`d like a refund.

THEN. I got my brochure out, wherr the tealight house and come from and found that it WAS IN FACT CAFE AMSTERDAM, It was just in the incorrect box, as the box said cafe vienna.

I emailed her again, to say that it IS cafe amsterdam and would she like still like it (I haven`t refunded her) .. that was on Sunday and I haven`t heard anything back.

Now do I send the item or just refund her.

I`m in a pickle over this - as she did bid on thr Cafe Amsterdam, so thats what she`d be getting - but on the other hand - why hasnt she got back to me !! Arghhhh !
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
:j

Comments

• carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    Try giving her a call and explain it all to her. I'm sure she would appreciate this more but be careful. She might have bought one from else where because you said it was a different one.

Good Luck. Carrie :)
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • OllieLong
    Options
    Also she may just have been away from her computer for a few days.
  • Moneyfornothing_2
    Options
    I'd give her a couple of days to get in touch (in case she has gone out and purchased another one). If there is no contact send it to her.
    She'll be getting the item she bid & paid for so there should be no problem with Ebay or Paypal. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure