Has OH finally got the MSE bug?

Options
OH is a bit scathing about my MSE habits. Everytime he buys anything, I insist on going through a cashback site and searching for vouchers. Its always "Is it really worth the effort for just a few pence".

Anyway, I went out yesterday evening leaving him looking for Xmas presents. I got back and he was as pleased as punch as he'd found a 25% off at Jessops saving us over £25 - I'm hoping it's the start of his conversion.:j
7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers

Comments

• david69_2
    Options
    I think the best part of being a money saver (tight wad) is looking for the vouchers and using the cashback sites etc its much better than just walking into a shop and handing over your cash
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dont think my OH has been converted thoroughly, although he is starting to look around more in shops to see what deals they have rather than just picking up the first thing he sees.

I do all the food shopping and he does have a moan when I bring home value brands but he's not the one paying for it all so he can just keep schtum! ;)
  • Squish_21
    Options
    My bf's getting there but is not fully converted as yet - hehe!
    Squish
  • sun_and_moon
    Options
    Same here. My boyfriend is getting there...just very slowly hehe
  • full-time-mum
    Options
    Think it may have been a temporary blip! Several CD purchases have just been made without using cashback.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • the_rottweiler
    Options
    My OH has sort of adapted, instead of going straight to the first shop and paying a ridiculous price, only to find it cheaper a few days later. He now tells me to find the best price on net and reminds me not to forget to try get free postage
    I havent told him about quidco so I get cashback and save it up for our hols
  • full-time-mum
    Options
    I havent told him about quidco so I get cashback and save it up for our hols
    I like your style!
  • Phill_555
    Phill_555 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    It's addictive IMO - Just had my biggest ever Quidco payout last month - £230!

The other week I needed a birthday present that day so bought the DVD in HMV for £20. Later I checked on the internet and it was £15 (+free delivery) on their website and I could get 5% cashback :mad:

So I ordered it online and then took the delivered one back with my receipt...worth it for £6 profit i'd say :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure