Chargeback - How to ?

Options
Hello. I need to do a chargeback. I've gone into paypal, clicked on actual transaction, and clicked on resolution on bottom. Then I'm in to 'filing a buyer claim ' - Is this right ? Is this what I should be doing to get a refund of the amount sent via paypal ?
Many Thanks

Comments

• CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Apple wrote:
    Hello. I need to do a chargeback. I've gone into paypal, clicked on actual transaction, and clicked on resolution on bottom. Then I'm in to 'filing a buyer claim ' - Is this right ? Is this what I should be doing to get a refund of the amount sent via paypal ?
    Many Thanks
    Yes, that's right.

Now paypal will wait (10 days I think) To see if seller replies, if not, you get the money back.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm surprised that some chargebacks are successful if paypal wait that long. Thats plenty of time for a fraudster to transfer funds to bank account and avoid refunding!
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • starlight_xx
    Options
    You file a claim and put in your side of the story. The seller has 10 days max to respond. If they dont respond in 10 days then on day 10 PP automatically find in your favour.

If theres no funds in the other persons account though their account is restricted until such time as they refund you.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also, doesn't the sellers account get frozen as soon as the chargeback is started? That would mean the seller can't withdraw funds but can still receive funds from continuing sales to cover the chargeback.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, that's good then.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure