🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How long does it take to get fees back.

Options
I had a lady who won 3 of my auctions and never paid. She is now no longer registered. I filed a non paying alert about 6 days ago and am still waiting to get my fees back.

On the dispute console it has a clear tick whihc means pending and it says the other party needs to respond. Which obviously she can't do as she is not there.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get fees back? And also, has this process changed? Didn't we used to have to request the fees back manually?

Thanks.

Carrie x
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Comments

• jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Usually the seller must wait 7 days after a listing closes to file an Unpaid Item dispute.

You get the FVF'S straight back after the dispute is closed.

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    The listing finshed on the 9th december, i stupidly gave the buyer a while to pay because of xmas post. How does the dispute get closed with the other party not being registered? Would they still know that there is a dispute open against them? Surely if i close it then i won't get my fvf's back?

Thanks Jaffa. Carrie x
  • jaffa30
    Options
    Hi

With them no being registered i wouldnt have thought so

You should beable to close the dispute tomorrow through the FVF'S process
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/unpaid_item/transition.html

Just click on view all
    then the actual one you want then
    in there you will beable to close it.

Jaffa
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,344 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carrie483 wrote:
    The listing finshed on the 9th december, i stupidly gave the buyer a while to pay because of xmas post. How does the dispute get closed with the other party not being registered? Would they still know that there is a dispute open against them? Surely if i close it then i won't get my fvf's back?

Thanks Jaffa. Carrie x

You have to close the dispute to get your fees back, if you don't close the dispute eventually the option will lapse and your fees will be lost.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jaffa30
    Options
    Hi carrie

You gave them a chance to pay and they didnt so dont worry just follow the FVF process through.

Good luck with you future sales on ebay

Jaffa
  • carrie483
    Options
    soolin wrote:
    You have to close the dispute to get your fees back, if you don't close the dispute eventually the option will lapse and your fees will be lost.

Soo

Welcome back Soo. Did you have a nice holiday?
  • carrie483
    Options
    Thank you for all your help. I have to wait till 8 days after the dispute was opened which makes it Thursday. I'll be on there any way thanks to the 5p listing day. WooHoo.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,344 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carrie483 wrote:
    Welcome back Soo. Did you have a nice holiday?

Yes I did thank you..And is it me, or is there suddenly a lot more deadbeat buyers around at the moment?

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • carrie483
    Options
    soolin wrote:
    Yes I did thank you..And is it me, or is there suddenly a lot more deadbeat buyers around at the moment?

Soo

Quite a few i noticed. I think people are bored and doing just to annoy sellers :( Shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport