Car Insurance Claim Confusion

Options
Sorry about the previous version of this thread my spell checker seemed to screw it up!!

A very weary hello to all, I hope you can offer some form of advice.:mad:

About 4 months ago I had an accident on a mini round-about in which my car was hit on the rear by another vehicle approaching from the right. I
don't want to confuse things to much with the rights and wrongs of the accident but what happened was the car to my right waited as another car approached from their right. As they were waiting I went straight on, anyway the other car hit the rear of mine (I think they were focused on the car to their right and just shot out without double checking the roundabout was clear).

The problems start with Norwich Union Car Insurance, I have made it quite clear to them that I am disputing the claim that it was my fault and feel at the worst it was 50/50 but in truth i think i was in the right. I am having really major problems getting NU to carry out my dispute (
unfortunatelyit really doesn'thelp that the representatives are all in India which make communication somewhat difficult).

The situation has been compounded as the person that hit my car is now claiming there is a witness which is blatantly incorrect.

Apologies if this is to much of a rant. I am reaching the end of my
tether with the whole situation.:confused::eek:

1. Has anyone had similar problems with
Norwich union ? and what did they do ?

2. Has anyone had claimants create witnesses that they considered
fraudulent and what did you do ?

3. How should I complain about the customer service I have
received from Norwich Union ? (other than there website) is there any regulatory body for protecting me that I should be speaking to. At the very least i would like to be able to apply more pressure to get something done.

Thanks

:xmassign:

Joe

Comments

• joedarlo
    Options
    Hope you can help :)

or at least sympathise

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No-one likes admitting liability. Let the insurers deal with it.

As far as a claim from the third party is concerned, then your policy conditions allow the insurer to deal with it and settle it.

If you feel strongly enough about this, then you can withdraw any claim you have made for damage to your car, and claim directly from the third party.

But bear in mind if it is indeed a split liability, it will still be a fault claim as far as your record is concerned.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    joedarlo

I'm sorry you feel that we as your insurers have let you down at this difficult time. If you'd like to, I work for NU and can do some investigation for you. My email address is [EMAIL="rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk"]rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk[/EMAIL] and I'll have a chat to some collaegues and find out what is happening.

Hope to help
    Becca
  • instaunt
    instaunt Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    You mean the Norwich Union that no longer has to worry about it's brand name because the parent company Aviva is dumping it soon? Good luck with that!

Word of advice though is to never, ever say "it could be 50/50" to your insurer. They generally take that as an admission of guilt and stop fighting straight away ...
    I've been making animations for my daughter. Tell me what you think? Search for "Where are you Pickles?" and "Pickles and the Bully" on YouTube.

picklesadventures.com/animations/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport