🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Amazon Odity

Options
Calling all you experts out there.

I am selling some books on Amazon. I have sold them and dispatched them. When you check the quantities it states I have sold out, but Amazon keep letting people buy them and then I have to refund the money.

What am I doing wrong?
Fat and proud lol

Comments

• OllieLong
    OllieLong Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    Check your open listings and see if the book is listed there. I just noticed today that one of mine was listed twice even though I only listed it once.
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    I'm stumped by this - I can only suggest what Ollie has said and check the open listings and do a bit of a stock check.
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

I am sure hintza sells on there it might be worth pming Hintza and asking

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • djtonyb
    djtonyb Posts: 629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did check my lisitings and the books were listed but with a quantity of 0. When you looked up the book it stated sold out
    Fat and proud lol
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    if no-one else can come up with a reason for this glitch I'd have a look at Amazons own seller forum pages and see if anyone has had the same problem.
  • numberthree
    Options
    On the Amazon Seller Discussion Boards there is an item about fraudulent 'sold' emails - I hope you haven't been caught out by some of these.

I haven't had any fortunately, but I always check my Amazon account now rather than just taking the email for granted.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0033 come and join us :j make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board
  • wendyl1967
    Options
    Check your amazon fees. If you refund to the seller you still get charged all (or some, I can't remember) of the amazon fees if it is your mistake. I put something on ebay and Amazon by mistake and sold it via ebay and amazon!! I still had to pay amazon some kind of fee as they were letting their buyer down. It was my own stupid mistake so I couldn not argue with them.

Sorry I can't remember the exact amount.

Even though this is not your mistake it could look like your mistake if their is a fault in the system
    Wendy
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I've got a problem too, sold a book last night and it's disappeared into the black hole that is my bedroom. I've searched high and low, I'm pretty sure I haven't already sold it although it's been listed over a year and relisted several times. I've got another copy of the same book but that's in an scruffy state wheras the one I sold was almost perfect. Hope I don't have to do a refund. They paid £6 for it too!
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't find the book so had to do a refund. Thought I would do a "stocktake" whilst I was looking. Out of 120 books/cds listed...five were not listed any longer even though I always respond to the expired e mails. Four were listed twice...gulp!! Maybe I had sold that book but it was still listed. I Must keep better records from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport