From Edinburgh/Glasgow to Tromso (Norway) to see the midnight sun....

Options
Looking for a Money Saving way to do this almost inevitable expensive weekend trip.

Will be going some point near midsummer to Tromso in the Arctic Circle to see the midnight sun. Myself and my parents probably.

Would like to travel from Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Thinking of doing it this way:

Glasgow Prestwick - Oslo (Torp) by Ryanair ~£70 rtn
Oslo (Oslo "Main" airport) - Tromso by internal ~£100 rtn

£170 for Glasgow to Tromso per person.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to get from Oslo (Torp) to the "main" Oslo airport? I seem to think they are quite far apart but can't seem to find any info.

Also, if anyone has done this - can they recommend places to stay, places to eat, perhaps cheaper ways of doing this???

Thanks

:)
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

Comments

• blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Options
    The only viable way to get between torp and oslo is a 2hr bus journey that costs £20, you would then need to walk from the bus station 500yds to the train station and take a train to Oslo Gardermoen airport.

As for cheap ways of doing this, there isn't! - Norway is a very expensive place thats does not lend itself to budget travel - even a night in a hostel can easily cost £25, a bottle of coke in a shop is £2, a beer can easily be £5 or £6
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure