Car accident Insurance Claim help

Options
Last week I was in a car acident - fault of other party.He admitted liability at the time, and I hope that there will be no change in that.
However, I am having back problems due to the prang and am not sure what I need to do to get the physical injury covered. The insurance co automatically get the car checked over, but what about me? I seemed to be fine at the time - the pain only started the next day....
I have an appointment at the Dr's on monday, but am not sure what I need to do apart from that.
Can anyone help me out here please?

Comments

Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    Options
    Tell your insurers. If you have legal expenses cover or uninsured loss recovery then this will help you to claim for personal injuries. It depends the extent of the problems you might experience. It might only last for a couple of days and you might be right as rain within a week. If things persist then you might have to have more medical checks. The third party insurers might want you examined at some point in the future. It sounds like it's still early days.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Options
    Do a 'search'...I'm sure this situation has been covered before.
  • cindyhove
    Options
    just not sure what to do a search under....
    Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    Options
    You could search under "personal injury" but, to be honest, that will bring up hundreds of results, because I don't think many people search for existing threads.

There is some information here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1287263&highlight=personal+injury
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure