How to impress the women when you're out shopping Blog Discussion

This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martin's 'How to impress the women when you're out shopping' blog that you can read here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Valentines Day isn't far off, here's a link that may help impress even more. ;)

http://www.interrose.co.uk/cgi-bin/order.pl?bouquet=rcust39&ref=froogle
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    ..... it could have gone either way though - she could have thought you were being tight and come valentines day she will be wondering who you blagged the flowers off. :o

Still, i dont spose it will do any harm to start as you mean to go on i spose.:confused:
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    ..... it could have gone either way though - she could have thought you were being tight and come valentines day she will be wondering who you blagged the flowers off. :o

Still, i dont spose it will do any harm to start as you mean to go on i spose.:confused:

...but Martin's GF has read The Money Diet and she's already bagged discounts etc so they may compete against one another with regards money saving, so... :think:
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • System
    Community Admin
    ..... so they could have competions as to whos bought the best present for the highest discounted price. :D
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    ..... so they could have competions as to whos bought the best present for the highest discounted price. :D

Most extravagant Valentine's gift I ever received was a Tissot watch from Kass-Jentgen Jewellers in Luxembourg. Lovely gift, pretty overwhelmed. Valentines Day really gets me but I'm just soft hearted. I remember a couple who were so great together, they had been married for years and they acted towards one another like it was the first day they'd ever met. It's really nice to see.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Most extravagant Valentine's gift I ever received was a Tissot watch from Kass-Jentgen Jewellers in Luxembourg.
    MrJudi bought me an engagement ring on our first valentines day. Engaged on February, married by March. I did have the sense to wait 12 months though before i got pregnant with our first child.:o
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    MrJudi bought me an engagement ring on our first valentines day. Engaged on February, married by March. I did have the sense to wait 12 months though before i got pregnant with our first child.:o

...I didn't quite get that far, but what the heck, I'm happy. :-)

Impressing the women while out shopping.... carrying their shopping is good, but that depends on the woman. If she is fiercely independent type then she'll probably want to carry her own, if she is the soft hearted, gentle type then carry her bags, she'll love you for it. If she loves to shop then just make sure you have the number of a good chiropractor. ;)
  • But Martin, now she's read you're blog and knows what really happened!!

But I'm sure she'll be thrilled about how much you wanted to impress her............or was that how much you wanted the freebies???
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    But Martin, now she's read you're blog and knows what really happened!!

She has read the blog, and she loved it :D
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • sah10406
    sah10406 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Martin, don't take this the wrong way, because as a gay man I consider it a compliment, but I was a bit taken aback to read that you even have a girlfriend. I guess you can't tell these days!

Wishing the two of you all the best.

Andrew
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family