need help please

Options
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Hi there

If I understand you correctly, you have spoken to 3 separate solicitors, all of whom say you have a valid claim, when your legal expenses insurer says their solicitor disagrees. This seems to be the main point of your post.

Firstly, all legal expenses insurances will have a clause that says they get to nominate the solicitor. This is standard and simply part of the contract. There is nothing you can do about it and I know of no EU directive to back up your stance. Others may no better than me.

Secondly, your legal expenses insurance is exactly that; an insurance. As such it falls under FSA regulation and you have the right to complain if you disagree with your insurers stance on your claim. I recommend you get a letter from at least one of the solicitors that says you have a chance to win and send that to your insurers with a covering letter saying "I want to complain about your decision on my claim". The address to write to with complaints will be in your policy booklet and if your insurer is via Lloyd's, send the complaint direct to Policyholder and Market Assistance Department at Lloyd's - that then gives your insurers 2 weeks to investigate before Lloyd's get involved and speeds matters up.

Thirdly, if you still get no joy and feel you have a claim, go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You will need a Final Decision Letter from your insurers (or Lloyd's as appropriate) first.

Finally, if you still get no joy, ask one of the solicitors if they will be willing to work on a "no win no fee" basis.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
    Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    Options
    If I understand you correctly...
    *awards medal*

:wink:
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Quote wrote: »
    *awards medal*

:wink:

:T Yey!! A medal for me!! Woo Hoo!! Can I sell it and pay off my credit card? :T
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Isn't the OP basically talking about a grievance against the employer? Maybe do as one of the others said, go for a no win, no fee solicitors.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure