🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

home insurance question!

Options
hi all,

I just went to my shed to retreive the christmas tree only to find my tree is mouldy, as is most stuff in the shed and lots of things soaking wet :eek: . i checked the roof to find the covering has come off! i am covered by my banks insurance for this....only problem is i took out the policy last month and feel like they would be suspicious about the claim i would be making. are they likely to turn my claim down? my lawn mower is in the shed along with my tumble dryer. i havent been in the shed previously for a few weeks and the weather has bee n pretty bad since.

any advice would be appriciated!
;)

Comments

Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    Options
    What do you want to know? They could turn the claim down if they thought the damage occurred prior to you taking the policy out. They could turn it down citing a lack of reasonable care. They might sort everything out without batting an eyelid.

It would probably be a good idea to give them a call and then react to what they say.
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Given what the OP has said, it sounds like a lack of maintenance issue, and therefore if we were sent out by the insurance company to validate the claim, it would be rejected.

When was the roof last done? How old is the shed?
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport