🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Rear Demister Repair?

Options
Hintza
Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker
The blasted dog has scratched the rear demister on the lease car and one line is out. Still got months to go but will need to get it sorted at some time.

The plan was to buy some of the conductive paint (£10 eek) mask along either side of the line and gently apply with fine brush and possibly rub down if required. I want this to be invisible as possible (ie so they won't charge me for a rear screen). Has anyone got any better ideas or tips that might make this easier/better?

Comments

• Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    I very much doubt they'll ever notice that the rear screen isn't working correctly, unless its a very cold day when they test it upon your return. As long as the light illuminates the switch, they'll be happy.
  • hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    i agree with p p p

ON the day or return if damp make sure you have the windows etc open before to dry it out properly!
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is quite annoying though when all you see in the mirror that big thick mist line.

The other thing that worries me is I suspect in the current climate their residuals are going to be shot to hell and anything they can do to get a few hundred quid back will be grabbed with both hands.
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    Keep the inside of the rear screen clean, and the car dry, and fogging won't be an issue.
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a carefully applied drop of the window fix paint should fix it , you can scrape and oversplill off carefully with a sharp blade(it wont scratch glass)

and i very much doubt they will notice it either
  • hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    i have rainx anti mist, i use it on the bathroom mirror
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    i have rainx anti mist, i use it on the bathroom mirror
    ...but we're talking car, not bathroom?!?

:rolleyes:;)
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    TiTheRev wrote: »
    ...but we're talking car, not bathroom?!?

:rolleyes:;)

condensation does not discriminate

unless its german
  • thescouselander
    Options
    Use the conductive paint, its really easy and does the job - I've dont it on a few cars I've owned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport