Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Bargain!

Options
I would just like to share with you what I think is a bargain. I have been collecting my Tesco clubcard vouchers for a few months (I shop there sometimes and sometimes buy petrol - maybe spend about £120 per month on average) possibly for spending on a few Xmas treats. With my last lot of vouchers came an offer for Blockbuster video. If you send £11.25 worth of clubcard vouchers you get 12 vouchers for free DVD/video rental - vouchers are valid for 6 months. As the average DVD or video is about £3.75 to rent and you get the clubcard vouchers free for shopping at Tesco, this equates to approx £45 worth of free films. Am sending off for them today in case the Christmas is crap (normally is!).

Comments

• Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    These are known as Clubcard Deals.

If you go online or request a catalogue you will see that there is loads you can spend your points on.

We went to Blackpool last month (to see the lights) and in the pleasure park you can buy the wristbands for unlimited rides. They are £30 each on the gate or £7.50 each in vouchers though you do need to send away for them in advance.

The chap in front of us in the queue paid £120 on his Visa for 4, whereas I handed over my £30 of vouchers for 4. . . . . . Smug or what! ;D

However, you do need to bear in mind that I had to spend £3.000 in Tesco's to earn the vouchers. :(
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • shibumi
    shibumi Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    If you apply for life assurance (min £5 monthly premium) they will credit your card with 4500 points (£180 worth of deals) . You can cancel at any time, just make sure you pay the first months premium so you get the points
  • wadewade
    wadewade Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    Re: Life insurance, I get as far as quotes and the Application Form; I am told I am being re-directed to the Application Form but then nothing happens. Is this something to do with my settings? All the other Tesco pages come up without difficulty.
  • brown_ambassador
    Options
    Top tip: find yourself a cheaper policy after you've taken out Tesco's, then you can claim another 1000 points!

Unfortunately you have to apply for that other policy, bit of hassle, but it's £40 of deals points!

If you ever don't want your deals points by the way ebay seem to get a good rate for them.

And if you're wondering if it's possible to collect a good amount, through petrol, shopping, offers like life insurance, etc I'll have about £1000 worth at the next mailing period, collected in the last 9 months!
  • loopyloo_4
    Options
    I love the clubcard deals. I have used £11.25 worth to buy RAC Roadside cover for one of my brothers xmas pressies!! Bargain, should have been about £45 ;D ;D
    Life is not about how many breaths you take.... Its about how many moments take your breath away

Member of £2 coin savers = total so far £8
  • debs626
    debs626 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Options
    Re: Life insurance, I get as far as quotes and the Application Form; I am told I am being re-directed to the Application Form but then nothing happens.  Is this something to do with my settings?  All the other Tesco pages come up without difficulty.

Your popup blocker is preventing the page from completing, turn it off for that page
    MSE:-)MoneySpendingExpert (-:
  • phague
    phague Posts: 762 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

We use Tesco's all the time.

We have bought 16 of the Tussauds Annual Passes over 3 years of shopping there.

Each one is worth £80, and again, we have given some as Christmas presents, to Grandparents, so we can have free days out all year (or all season at the Theme Parks)

We also pay for everything with the Tesco Finest Credit Card to earn more points (we make sure we pay it off each month, otherwise the interest is more that the points are worth)
  • JayneH_3
    JayneH_3 Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used the tesco points at buyagift.com, to buy my young lads a driving experience for their christmas present. They have some really exciting things on offer, well worth a look. :)
    So many shoes, so little time....
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    we saved £124 this year so between them and my £42 in nectar points for sainsburys xmas grocieries (and beer) are sorted, also got the blockbuster vouchers
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • Hornet
    Hornet Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I saved up and converted to BA miles - I converted about 200 pounds worth of vouchers for 64000 BA Miles - enough to get me a return flight to South Africa and a short European flight!
    if i had known then what i know now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport