🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Quidco.com - Car Insurance?

Options
Anyone use http://www.quidco.com ???

I used them last year for my car insurance, and ended up getting £115 cash back after 3 months.

However, some of the offers don't seem to be the clearest.

As for car insurance, RAC says £70, but when you look at the detail, it looks more like 10%:
http://www.quidco.com/finance/life-auto/rac-car-insurance/

But yet other offers actually state "up to £xx".

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The 10% bit reads to me that when you buy insurance from RAC you get 10% off for buying online (which is what most ins co's do these days, nothing to do with quidco) But then if you do the whole transaction online quidco will give you £70 cashback.
  • steven07968
    Options
    shelly wrote: »
    The 10% bit reads to me that when you buy insurance from RAC you get 10% off for buying online (which is what most ins co's do these days, nothing to do with quidco) But then if you do the whole transaction online quidco will give you £70 cashback.

Not worded the best though is it :)
    RAC car insurance

Car Insurance Save up to 10% when you buy online PLUS 12 months UK RAC Roadside Cover Included! Benefits Include:
    After an Accident We will Make Sure You Get Home
    Automatic Personal Injury Cover
    Windscreen Repair or Replacement Cover

For genuine tracked transactions completed wholly online, you can earn:
    £70 for a genuine new policy
    Please read the following before proceeding:

In order to receive your cashback you must click through to the RAC site via the Quidco link. It is important you generate a new quote and purchase directly. If the quote has been generated via another site or advertisement you will not receive your cashback.

Cashback will not be paid on any policies cancelled during the 14 day cooling off period. Renewals do not qualify. Validation of policy may take up to 60 days.

The Quidco cashback is offered and paid by Quidco, NOT RAC. This offer is eligible on tracked transactions reported and validated by RAC.

***The programme is unable to accept earnings enquiries on RAC insurance products more than 12 weeks after the transaction date. Please keep your quote reference in case you need to raise an earnings enquiry.***
    If something is not accurate in this warning, please let us know. Questions? Contact Us. Click on the button below to carry on and visit RAC car insurance.

Still undecided.

I wanted to phone Quidco to ask them about it, but can't seem to find a number anywhere.
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I did a quote through quidco on kwikfit but didn't purchase and they have tracked £42.50 twice....I assume they won't pay, any ideas or should I just leave it and see what happens!?
    Debt busting 2022 Total £15842.68 £0 (100% paid since 1/1/22)
  • Miss_Sharon
    Options
    Steven,

Hi - another thing - I was using Quidco for my insurance. It is great when it all works, ie. the transaction is tracked properly & paid (at all!). But, even if you do everything right, it doesn't always work.

I bought my car insurance through Quidco last time & the company didn't track the transaction. Quidco can't do anything about this. Also, some companies pay later than the quoted timeframe, so if the payment month keeps slipping, then there is a problem, you're in trouble as Quidco will only help with transactions within the first 12 weeks.

Good, if it works, but there unfortunately there are no guarantees as it basically comes down to the company you are buying from.

Offer wording - you could email the admin team to ask for clarification.

Bigbeff - your tracked transactions will most likely be cancelled. Tracking means just that, it hasn't been verified, so don't do anything, but don't expect payment.

Best - S.
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not worded the best though is it

Yes I think it is, it's saying you can save up to 10% when you get insurance from RAC for buying via their website, then you get £70 cashback from Quidco for using their link to the RAC website. They are seperate, the discount comes from RAC when you buy through their website, like it would even if you didn't go through Quidco, then Quidco offer their £70 for going through their link.

If that quote is the cheapest for you anyway, then I don't see why you don't just go ahead and buy. Never go on the quote you get that is cheapest AFTER you factor in the money from Quidco, as even if you do everything as you should, the cashback is never guaranteed (like it says on the site) and possibly may for any reason not pay out, this happens occasionally.
  • aloiseb
    aloiseb Posts: 701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's a bit misleading - it looks as if you are getting £70 cashback for joining RAC, but actually you don't get the cashback unless you also buy their motor insurance policy.
    I was only looking into new breakdown cover,as the AA are about to charge me £122 to renew.
  • steven07968
    Options
    Just as an update, I took up the car insurance with RAC and the £70 tracked, so am chuffed with that.

I just found the text to be a little misleading to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport