Auchan Dunkirk/Dunkerque query

Options
(Not sure if i'm on the right board-is it a shopping query or a hol query? - feel free to move)

Can anyone tell me whether Auchan in Dunkirk is open Sunday 14th Dec?

Can't find much re this years Christmas opening hours, the google translator of their webpage hasn't helped and my French isn't good enough to find this on the French webpage (the person i'm going with speaks French but has no access to internet at the mo!) If not open, any suggestions as to nearby alternatives? We are travelling back that day and prefer to go to hypermarket directly before the ferry - (don't normally travel back on a Sunday).

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• itsnever2lateisit?
    Options
    http://www.auchan.fr/magasin/accueil/accueil.jsp?idPageMagasin=-1#

Seems its open this sunday 7th, no mention of any other sundays

*Edit* Seems details of opening on 14th are not yet posted for any of their stores, maybe need to look again on monday
    [strike]Debt @ LBM 04/07 £14,804[/strike]01/08 [strike]£10,472[/strike]now debt free:j

Target: Stay debt free
  • logana
    logana Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    It is open this Sunday (7th) from 0900 till 2000 - I would imagine that it will be open on 14th as well - maybe best to phone them ?

http://www.auchan.fr/magasin/accueil/accueil.jsp?idPageMagasin=-1#
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes it would be open sunday, as afr as i know they're open every sunday except when its a holiday
  • itsnever2lateisit?
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Yes it would be open sunday, as afr as i know they're open every sunday except when its a holiday
    Not so, sunday opening in France is the exception rather than the rule
    [strike]Debt @ LBM 04/07 £14,804[/strike]01/08 [strike]£10,472[/strike]now debt free:j

Target: Stay debt free
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    We went last year to France and Auchan was open Sunday 16th December - HTH
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • sheilanick
    Options
    Auchan is not normally open on a Sunday, the previous poster is correct, that Sunday opening is not normal practice in France. However they do open their restaurant on a Sunday and this can give the impression that the store may be open -

As it is Christmas their opening times may be extended, so you need to check with them
  • N79
    N79 Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    Options
    That particular Auchan is not normally open on a Sunday (although the Flunch is).

The website states that the 07 Dec is an exceptional opening. There are no details for openings on the 14th (the website only has them listed to the 11th).

You could try phoning them (+33 3 28 58 55 55). They will probably speak English.
  • bmth123
    bmth123 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the replies-I do appreciate it-persuaded BF to ring as he speaks more French than me. Apparently open from 9am - 8pm in case anyone else should need to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure