help needed please!

Options
onetomany
onetomany Posts: 2,170 Forumite
hi ive got my iva meeting in the morning and im pooing myself , im really scared they gonna refuse it, m not sleeping and i am really stressed any advice welcome thanks:confused:

Comments

• moneysavingplumber
    Options
    Is there any reason you know of why they might refuse it? Unless you have a creditor that's known to obstruct IVAs then you should be ok. My meeting was over before I knew it, the creditors had phoned in their modifications and agreed before I even got there, so I wouldn't fret too much, it'll all be over soon! Good luck!
  • onetomany
    Options
    ta im not going 2 meeting just gonna do it over phone do they normailly agree on what you offer?
  • moneysavingplumber
    Options
    I'm not sure what the acceptance rate is, the better the IVA firm the higher the acceptance rate. As long as it's the creditor's best option for a return then they would usually accept, unless they are a company that routinely rejects, but even then they have to be a majority creditor by value.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the meeting this morning! Nobody went to mine - me neither! :rolleyes: in fact they had trouble getting an answer from any of the companies so had to do it twice I think but it went through ok.
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Useless_with_wonga
    Options
    Any result yet? Hope it goes your way.
  • onetomany
    Options
    hiya peeps me well chuffed they accept at the rate which i aplied £200 cheaper than the company advised me, so at the age of 38 i will be debt free forever!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your lovely advice and good luck to those who are aplying
  • moneysavingplumber
    Options
    Well done!
  • DebtFreeDan
    Options
    Good luck with your IVA , you'll be debt free around the same age as me!! :)
    :beer:
    Debt at IVA agree date 1/3/08 £28k (reduced to £18,900)
    Amount left 08/01/11 =
    £7560 (60.00% cleared!)
    [STRIKE]IOU to mate £1500[/STRIKE] :p
    Money saved £150 :cool:
    Debt-free-day = 01/02/13:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts