Ribena

Options

Comments

• nightswimmer
    nightswimmer Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    food and drink isnt allowed to be sent via royal mail anyway!

Yes it is. :)

For a list of things that you can't send via Royal Mail in the UK, see here .
    and i reckon foreign cutoms would have something to say about it too!

That depends on the country in question, so you should always check out their customs infomation before sending food. However, as an example, you can you can send food and drink to individuals in the US. If you are a business, or are sending to a business, you will have to fill in a FDA form first.

For details of sending food to the US see here.

They don't have black currants in the US, so I can understand ex-pats willing to pay to get some Ribena shipped there. :)
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    They don't have black currants in the US, so I can understand ex-pats willing to pay to get some Ribena shipped there. :)

Really??? Poor sods lol. Although America have loads of stuff (like pilsbury stuff yum) that we can't get here. I'm gonna go look on Ebay lol.

Carrie :)
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    carrie483 wrote:
    Really??? Poor sods lol.

Well, I think they do have them, but for some reason, it's not a flavour thats used much in everyday proucts like it is here.
    Although America have loads of stuff (like pilsbury stuff yum) that we can't get here. I'm gonna go look on Ebay lol.

hahaha
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    regarding nightswimmers list of stuff that you can't send by Royal Mail 'filth' is a bit vague isn't it?
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In a slightly related story - A "cooked, left-over brussel sprout from christmas" sold on eBay for £1,550! (FREE Royal Mail delivery... :rolleyes:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cooked-unwanted-brussel-sprout-from-christmas_W0QQitemZ5651954281QQcategoryZ88433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hes not doing very well in his auctions though. Hardly anythings sold and he lists 98 of each item so what he has sold has been taken up in listings fees.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    salthegal wrote:
    You know what, I never knew you were allowed to sell food and drink items on ebay!
    It's a questionable item because the selling of such products is highly regulated etc. etc.

I have reported the listing just incase there is a problem - most of these people probably haven't familiarised themselves with the laws anyway.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tigermatt wrote:
    In a slightly related story - A "cooked, left-over brussel sprout from christmas" sold on eBay for £1,550! (FREE Royal Mail delivery... :rolleyes:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cooked-unwanted-brussel-sprout-from-christmas_W0QQitemZ5651954281QQcategoryZ88433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    The winning bidder was on 0 feedback so it was obviously a hoax.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • nightswimmer
    Options
    regarding nightswimmers list of stuff that you can't send by Royal Mail 'filth' is a bit vague isn't it?

It's very odd. Maybe someone should write to RM to clarify their definition of filth!
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    tigermatt wrote:

Why didn't i think of this, maybe i should quickly cook one and name it Sarah - a partner for Nicholas to keep him happy. :rotfl:
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure