🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cheeky Thief

Options
Look At This Item This Clown Is Selling Then Read His Feedback Some People Are So Cheeky
Item 6595233943

Comments

• Moneyfornothing_2
    Options
    It appears that some bidders got them & some didn't.
    You can't condem the seller, it could the the buyers 'claiming' they never arrived!
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    someone posted about this days ago :)
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Is there something I just dont get with this.

I cant see anything wrong with this seller other than he has had a couple of negative feedback
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't see what was wrong either other than the fact that he has got negs. Is it coz he is saying about offering him £45??
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • busymumof3
    Options
    Buyer beware I think. Sounds well dodgy to me. Postal orders or cash only! Q:Why are Paypal or cheques not acceptable. Because these give the buyer some protection.
  • nightswimmer
    nightswimmer Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    busymumof3 wrote:
    Q:Why are Paypal or cheques not acceptable. Because these give the buyer some protection.

They are also easy to cancel after the fact, so give the seller little protection.

(This is not to pass judgment on whether this seller is good or bad, just to point out there are good reasons why some sellers don't want to use cheques and PayPal.)
  • keasden
    keasden Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    hjb123 wrote:
    Is there something I just dont get with this.

I cant see anything wrong with this seller other than he has had a couple of negative feedback

Don't mean to be mean to you, but that is the exact attitude that allows fraud to continue at such an alarming rate on ebay.

Look at the sellers history a little bit closer to get the bigger picture,

1st - only accepts postal order or cash - HELLOOO Mega fraud warning - the payment is untraceable unlike cheques or paypal

2nd - Most of his positives have been for low value items like stickers and ebooks

3rd - There are two bloody big warnings from previous victims of this con man with combined feedbacks of almost 600 and 99.5 and 99.7% respectively, it is not infallable but this is a good indication they are more trustworthy than the seller with his 18 positive feedbacks at 90.9%

4th - Look at the items he has sold and you see a positive feedback for the Next vouchers. But look a bit closer. That feedback is from a member with no prior feedback who funnily enough joined ebay on 29/12, the day after our con man recieved his first NEG about the Next vouchers on 28/12. Coincidence? I don't think so.

You may think I am being overly negative and cautious but I see people get ripped off day after day in my job (take a wild guess) and 99 times out of a 100 the warning signs were there to prevent them from falling for the con trick but they chose to ignore it because they wanted a bargain.
  • busymumof3
    Options
    Exactly that. Who would take the risk for a £5 saving. Can't think this seller will be around long on Ebay. Noticed he doesn't bother to actually leave feedback himself. Just looks out to make a quick buck. Personally I wouldn't touch anything from this kind of seller.
  • nightswimmer
    nightswimmer Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    keasden wrote:
    You may think I am being overly negative and cautious but I see people get ripped off day after day in my job (take a wild guess)

Accountant for payPal? :p
    and 99 times out of a 100 the warning signs were there to prevent them from falling for the con trick but they chose to ignore it because they wanted a bargain.

Or maybe they just didn't know what warning signs to look for? Often times, people will helpfully say 'don't trust that seller', or 'looks dodgy to me', but if no one takes the time to explain the things to look out for, how is anyone supposed to know?

Your explanation for example was excellent. I thought I knew the things to look out for, but even though I've been eBaying several years, I didn't spot what you explained in your 4th point. So cheers for that. :beer:
  • keasden
    keasden Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Your welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts