Shower problem

Options
Hi

So we redecorated our entire bathroom and this time instead of having just a bath (which is entirely outdated) we went for having a bath/shower with a curtain.

A friend of ours did it and picked out a quality bath and we went for having just the curtain because of the space needed for the door.

Anyway, after it all being done, the first person took a shower and there was a problem. The actual shape of the bath, from the taps to the edge is slanted outwards (thats just how it is designed). I suppose usually everything slants INWARDS. But this means when water splashes down, it trickles over the side and onto the floor. PROBLEM 1.

Our friend said its not a problem because you can just use the curtain, up against the tiles. If you wet it slightly you will get a suction seal and you can do this all the way down to where it joins the bath, so you are essentially sealed from water escaping. PROBLEM 2 is that given the type of tiles we have, this doesn't work. We have tried 3 different curtains too.

Aside from getting it redone with a new bath or an extreme solution, there must be an easy way to fix this.

If anyone can suggest anything I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Comments

• tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Options
    You can buy little plastic bracket things that are self adhesive and fill the gap between the tiles and the curtain. Water runs back into the bath instead of over the edge ;);)
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Happens on baths that are level, water tracks it's way along the seal and runs onto the floor. I have used this on one bath. Not this make, I'm sure I got it from PTS.
    Bathstore do one (Atlas) that works well in our current bathroom. Atlas

Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • bockster
    bockster Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    i previously had this problem, i simply ran a disceet line of clear silicon to guide the water back in to the bath. it should be hidden behind the shower curtain most of the time i guess so shouldn't make an ugly mess of your new bath. does this sound feasible for your bath?
    Please note, we've had to remove your signature because it was sh*te!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure