Laptop Prices

ive been looking to get a laptop for xmas, just wondering if it worth waiting until boxing day or after to get one?

i say boxing day because i read somewhere that some guy saved £100 on a laptop by buying it on boxing day :)

how much do you the laptop prices will drop?

thanx all

Replies

• Drop?

Since the Pound has dropped 25% against the Dollar recently, I'm expecting laptop prices to rise once the existing stock is out of the way.
  • They're pretty much rock bottom now. Anything that'll get price cut will be end of line discontinued models. Doesn't make them bad but batteries may be hard to get later unless it's a brand name such as Dell, Compaq, HP, Sony, Acer etc.
  • Ice_2Ice_2 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    the price would also depend on what you wanted in your laptop,
    decide what you want to use it for, gaming or surfing email shopping,
    then decide which operating system you want, xp vista or apple,
    then how much memory, 1 2 3 4 gbs
    size of the hard drive, starting from 80gbs upto 1T
    which processor, dual core triple core quad core,
    whether it'll have a graphics card or not,
    which size screen you want, 15 16 17 18 20.5
    try these places they are very reasonable on price look in the open boxed bargains,
    www.acerdirect.co.uk
    www.laptopsdirect.co.uk
    I got a 20.5 inch laptop dual core 2 gbs memory 240gb hard drive and a graphics cards built in wifi and bluetooth.
    its great,
    hths
    :xmassign:

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • rare_ukrare_uk Forumite
    42 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Ice wrote: »

I got a 20.5 inch laptop dual core 2 gbs memory 240gb hard drive and a graphics cards built in wifi and bluetooth.
    its great,
    hths
    :xmassign:
    20.5 inch Laptop:eek:!!! I'd call that a knee crusher ;)
  • chunterchunter Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    How much do you want to spend?
  • i know everything that i want init :)

2Ghz Dual Core, 2GB RAM, summin that will run vista smoothly really, anything with gaming is a bonus

im looking to spend around £400 - £450, i know its not likely to get much of a GPU with that price, but its not really needed.

when i say price drops i mean in the january sales, ive had things before for christmas and then theyve dropped in price in the sales, so wondering if laptops are likely to drop much after christmas?

thanx again
  • Hmm...
    £450 does get you stuff with a nVidia 8400 chipset which should play a fair few games OK.

January is only a month away so might as well wait and see.
  • nomoneytodaynomoneytoday Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you buy a pc, there will be a cheaper, faster, better deal afterwards. Then they depreciate by up to 70% a year...

It's Moore's Law - every 18 months they double in speed and half in price...
  • rare_ukrare_uk Forumite
    42 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    barlow1123 wrote: »
    i know everything that i want init :)

2Ghz Dual Core, 2GB RAM, summin that will run vista smoothly really, anything with gaming is a bonus

im looking to spend around £400 - £450, i know its not likely to get much of a GPU with that price, but its not really needed.

when i say price drops i mean in the january sales, ive had things before for christmas and then theyve dropped in price in the sales, so wondering if laptops are likely to drop much after christmas?

thanx again
    I've just bought this, and hopefully I will love it come Xmas day :cry:, as I can't open it till then. Not bad for £479 delivered "Acer Aspire 5920G 15.4-inch Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, Vista Home Premium, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Blu-ray Drive, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides