Can you appoint someone to manage your affairs.........

if you have severe mental illness?

I want to be able to pass my financial affairs to my mother so she can keep tabs on my money, deal with officials and benefits agency but don't know if it is possible.

Has anyone on here have an apointee, if yes how do you go about it.?

Comments

• scooby1001 wrote: »
    if you have severe mental illness?

I want to be able to pass my financial affairs to my mother so she can keep tabs on my money, deal with officials and benefits agency but don't know if it is possible.

Has anyone on here have an apointee, if yes how do you go about it.?
    Yes you can. If you have a CPN or ASW, they would probably be the best person to ask how to go about it.
    s/e
  • Thanks for that i will. I am determined things are going to get better but know that being in control of my own finances is not in my best interest, hence wondering about it.
  • One thing I would advise - do make sure your mother is happy to take on the responsibility before you go any further with it.

It may be that it could put a strain on your relationship with her, so it might be worth considering someone who isn't related to you for the role.
    s/e
  • We have discussed it and she agrees that she would be ideal and is willing. Also if i get the middle rate care she is going to be my carer so everything would be under one umbrella so to speak. Even without the middle rate i am going to see if i can afford to pay her as she can't afford to give up her job and i desperetly need the help to get me sorted. At the moment the crisis team are coming in every day and i shall ask them about it all today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure