Christmas Eve box for 10 year old boy?

Comments

• rufusd!!!2 wrote: »
    My daughters boys do not believe in Santa anymore (they are ony 7 and 9 but very worldy wise for their ages) and I had forgotten all about it as my own children are more grown up but today my Son's boy came round (he's 6) and he asked me whether we take our dogs upstairs at Christmas or does Harvey (hes our cross German Shepherd/Labrador) bark at Santa when he comes. I had to stop for a bit to realise what he had said bless him, gave me a lump in my throat and I felt all nostalgic. My 13 yr old daughter came to the rescue and said we take the dogs up stairs and that Santa is very quiet and the dogs dont hear him.

Aw that's lovely rufus. My youngest is 6 too and still believes in Santa. I feel quite emotional when I think it may be for the last Christmas! It's nice to keep the magic alive.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I got some lovely Xmas character mugs from Poundstretcher for 59p each.
    Hot chocolate or snowman soup (hot chocolate with marshmallows).
    Something to do - book, puzzle, cookie mix to make (can make this up yourself and pop in a bag or jar or put a recipe in the box and they can use the ingredients straight from your cupboards). Ikea sell make your own gingerbread houses to make for £1.95. How about a set of blank cards or paper and some pens/pencils to make some thank you cards/notelets in advance so they can be written and sent after Xmas.
    Xmas DVD
    Popcorn - these popcorn wrappers to print are quite cute and can be customised... http://alenkasprintables.com/microwavepopcornwrappers.shtml
    Pyjamas
    Something for the bath or shower - bath bomb (Lush do Xmas ones), shower gel...
    Blanket or throw - Ikea sell them for around £2.50 and using two you can make one of these... http://www.kwiksew.com/Projects/no-sew%20blanket.pdf

HTH (I think I may have repeated here)

I too have made Xmas Eve baskets for my two boys and for the OH and me. I haven't spent more from doing them, simply spread some of the presents into Xmas Eve rather than give them on Xmas Day.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Great ideas! Thanks so much everyone. Love the microwave popcorn customisable wrappers. You are all so creative and imaginitive. I would like to use the snowman soup idea with a christmas mug but I don't think mine would come out quite as professional as the ones I've seen on here! Does anyone know where I can buy something similiar?
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BillyBear wrote: »
    Great ideas! Thanks so much everyone. Love the microwave popcorn customisable wrappers. You are all so creative and imaginitive. I would like to use the snowman soup idea with a christmas mug but I don't think mine would come out quite as professional as the ones I've seen on here! Does anyone know where I can buy something similiar?

I have made a couple of snowman soups and they are fairly easy to do. I love making things but am not that good and if I can do it...
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • rainmac
    You will absolutely be able to make the snowman soup - if I can, you can! I bought some cone cellophane bags and added instant hot chocolate, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and a candy cane selotaped to the outside of the bag. I used the printable tags on this site... http://www.essentialpackagingstore.com/projects/snowmansoup.php

If you don't want to make it you could pop a couple of sachets of instant hot chocolate into a mug with some marshmallows?
  • Brilliant - thanks for that. Where can I get the cone bags? I don't think I've ever seen mini marshmallows either!:o
  • Sorry - I've just noticed that site supplies bags too. Think I'll give it a go. Can I buy just three packs?
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BillyBear wrote: »
    Brilliant - thanks for that. Where can I get the cone bags? I don't think I've ever seen mini marshmallows either!:o

I got the cones from Lakeland and the mini marshmallows from Asda. Am sure Tesco and Sainsburys prob sell them too.
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Excellent - going out shopping today so will have a look out. Lots of great ideas from this thread on my shopping list. Christmas this year seems so much easier and actually more fun for me thanks to everyone here! :T
  • rainmac
    I got my cone bags from ebay but I think some people on here have had problems with the seller I got mine from and I don't think she is selling them now but there are probably others selling the bags.

I couldn't get mini marshmallows in Tesco but found them in Sainsburys.

Chocolate chips tend to be much cheaper in Asda than in Tesco or Sainsburys.

Good luck finding all your bits and pieces!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport