BT or Talk Talk?

Options
I'm having HUGE problems with BT - they keep billing me every month for two services I do not have. They are even ignoring Otelo's Final Decision, which was made 3-4 months ago.

So, I've just seen Talk Talks deal of £10.50 line rental, plus £6.99 broadband plus an optional £4 for anytime calls = approx. £20 per month for the LOT.

I joined BT last August 2008, and so am now out of their 12 month contract. BT are miss-billing me £15 per month - when I should only be paying for line rental. I also use Primus and 18185 for day/eve calls, and pay £9.99 for broadband elsewhere (due to a mix up and their goodwill gesture, which expires in June 2009).

Any constructive advice, welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If you think BT are bad well sorry Talk Talk customer service is much worse

first off pay your BT bill by monthly by whole bill direct debit .
    That should be around £10.50 per month .

Everytime they charge you more ask the bank to reverse the DD under the DD guarantee scheme .The bank has to do this when you mention the DD guarantee . Tell BT you will keep doing this until they get it right .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Old_Git
    Options
    also log into bt.com and check your account ,make sure there are no extras you dont want ,you can add or remove services you want or dont want .
  • Suzkin
    Suzkin Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have already checked the settings: and they are as I wanted i.e. I have requested nothing. They should only be billing me for £10.50 line rental. When I spoke to a David Jones in Otelo on Friday, he told me that my case wouldn't probably reach the courts.....What else now?
  • Old_Git
    Options
    it should be a bit less that £10.50 now because the VAT has changed .
    As I said make the bank work for you and start reversing the DD
  • Suzkin
    Options
    Incisor wrote: »
    YOU take it to the small claims court, if you are out of pocket. Otelo won't do it and David Jones has no standing to comment on how a court would handle it, unless he is saying that an otelo referral means that you waived your right to go to court.

Thanks - I shall check this with him again.
  • Suzkin
    Options
    Suzkin wrote: »
    I'm having HUGE problems with BT - they keep billing me every month for two services I do not have. They are even ignoring Otelo's Final Decision, which was made 3-4 months ago.

So, I've just seen Talk Talks deal of £10.50 line rental, plus £6.99 broadband plus an optional £4 for anytime calls = approx. £20 per month for the LOT.

I joined BT last August 2008, and so am now out of their 12 month contract. BT are miss-billing me £15 per month - when I should only be paying for line rental. I also use Primus and 18185 for day/eve calls, and pay £9.99 for broadband elsewhere (due to a mix up and their goodwill gesture, which expires in June 2009).

Any constructive advice, welcome. Thanks.

My mistake! I joined BT in August 2007 - and the overbilling has been going on since my Jan 2008 bill (plus other problems at the very first installation stage....).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure