Sold wii fit but..

Options
Hi,

I sold my Wii fit on ebay today for £80, i have received an instant payment via Paypal but the buyer has 0% feedback, even though they have 2 positive feedbacks from 2006, and a unconfirmed address. I have also looked at the bid history and they sniped my auction as they bidded 7 seconds from the end.

I plan to message them asking them to confirm their address before i send the item and send it signed for via Parcelforce courier. Is there anyway else i can limit the chances of losing the item and the money. Or even not sell it to them at all and give it to the second chance bid?

Having read this forum for a while, I feel a bit funny about this transaction.

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    The 0% feedback rating is calculated over the past year. They may be like me and have a few odd accounts for purchasing.

On your paypal details does it say that you will be covered even though it is an unconfirmed address - my item details sometimes say this as a seller.

If it says you will be covered to send it to that address and you send it fully tracked and signed for, you should be okay.

But I do understand your unease.

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • lauranurse
    Options
    They may not have sniped your auction, they may have just managed to bid themselves at the very last second, I have done this before but it is a bit nere wracking trying to time it right!

And not all people who use a sniper are necessarily dodgy, they may just be ensuring they get what they want to bid on!
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    On your paypal details does it say that you will be covered even though it is an unconfirmed address - my item details sometimes say this as a seller.

Can't find any examples of this in my paypal account, so I could be wrong about this - I thought I read on one of my transactions that it was still safe for me to send to an unconfirmed address :confused:

FFM :)

Ps - I snipe all the time.
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • Thanks for the comment, yeah thats fair enough they may not have sniped it, I don't really have any objection to people doing that, to win an item they really want.

I had a look at the seller protection and it said that they no longer need to have a confirmed address for purchases through Ebay to be protected, so i think it will be ok, as long as I have proof of postage and proof of delivery.

Thanks again for your advise.
  • JoolzS
    JoolzS Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are really worried then pull the money out of your paypal account into your bank account asap, even if it costs you a couple of pounds in fees. If the buyer isn't legit and tries to do a chargeback on your paypal account there will be no money in there for them to claim back. This gives you some time to try to sort things out if the transaction goes wrong.

Juilie
  • booeyhugh
    Options
    The above doesn't work, i sent a pair of jeans off to a seller, and 4 weeks later had a dispute against me they hadnt even emailed me to ask what was going onjust went thru paypal, nee ways paypal have - my account till the outcome has been sorted, not happy as cant use paypal till i top it up with the £40 though this hasnt been charged to my bank as yet.
    EVERYBODY MOVE TO THE CLOUDY ROOM, EVERYBODY MOVE!!!

:j
  • fsdss
    fsdss Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you will not benefit from taking money out of your paypal account - even with no money in there, paypal will chase you for a debt .....if you send it special delivery then you are absolutely covered on purchases over £32?? with the post office and also proves to paypal that the item has been delivered.
    Give blood - its free
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sd covers up to £500,you can pay for cover of £1000/£2500
    'normal' insurance levels are 100x the cost of a 1st class stamp
    right now that £36
  • Emmy
    Emmy Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    lauranurse wrote: »
    They may not have sniped your auction, they may have just managed to bid themselves at the very last second, I have done this before but it is a bit nere wracking trying to time it right!

And not all people who use a sniper are necessarily dodgy, they may just be ensuring they get what they want to bid on!

I agree, I use a sniper and not dodgy at all....sometimes they finish when I am at work, during the night, they may have a few items that I want all finishing within moments of eachother or I may just think ' I have got alot on this week and I may not remember so what shall I set a snipe for this week??'

Hope that helps to set your mind at reat over that issue :D
    :heartpuls Number 1 Aunty Gok fan :heartpuls
  • numair
    Options
    just put insurance on the delivery
    and do recorded delivery
    cause if it does get lost you will get your money back :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing