Starting to Panic!!

Options
2»

Comments

• mel_mel
    mel_mel Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with what everybody says, little children don't know its their birthday all they want is food and lots of cuddles and play. You could go to charity shop for pressies. I did for my grandsons so when they came to my house they always had things to play with. Then I just took them back when they outgrew them. You say all your neighbours are old or do they just seem old because you are quite young. Talk to them as much as you can, as they must have children even grandchildren and you may be surprised with ideas or opportunities that they can come up with. Take care.
  • laurenjs88
    laurenjs88 Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I live on a street of 8 LHA flats, mine and the lovely lady downstairs are private the rest are LHA, the next youngest people on our street are the female couple 25 & 40, then up from that everyone else on our street is in their 60's. on the other streets the youngest "home owners" is my landlord and he's in his late 40's!! everyone else is retired! and their is alot of people who have recently lost their husbands or wives, alot of deaths this year, its very sad. So knocking on their doors is probably not what they want! I felt awful doing the avon to get brochures back from the Widower Husbands telling me their wives had passed recently...

Emily will be really spoilt by my family, ive told everyone to get things second hand if they can. I would like to do something special for her thats for the two of us. I think i will try to get hold of a charm for her charm bracelet. I brought her one from disney world in florida with her name on it andd ill collect charms for it every year and give it to her when she's 18. Maybe ill just do that this year....
    Had my amazing little girlie 08/12/2007 - 11 days late! 9lbs 3oz
    My second little girl entered the world 20/03/2010 - 11 days late! 8lbs 4oz
    Sea
    led pot challenge 4 - 332
    Make £11k in 2011 £0/£11000 - 0%
    And lots of other challenges!
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It may be worth joining your local freecycle group, toys are often given away on our local one.
  • wigglebeena
    wigglebeena Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Options
    Gumtree/Freeads/Craigslist for selling stuff, no listing fees and you can insist on cash and local pickup? Etsy if you do anything crafty, quite cheap to list. Microstock/Shutterstock if you have some nice digital photographs you've taken (apparently hard to get stuff accepted but not unique sales if you do i.e. you can sell the same photo over and over). I would suggest writing for Ehow but apparently it's not open to non-Americans :mad:. Redbubble for photos too, like Cafepress I think but without the subscription fee. Actually you can sell on Cafepress without paying, it's just more hassle as you have to open a new free shop for every product.

There are sites that will pay you to blog, will try to find out, something like PayPerPost I think. They are not well regarded and I don't think they pay much but might be worth looking into. A Blogger blog is free to set up. Obviously they dictate what the post is about i.e. flogging crap products probably!
  • Obi167
    Obi167 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    what a great idea Lauren, that will be a 'special' present one day.
  • sophie131
    Options
    I agree with what other people have said about toys -small children don't remember!. Another suggestion though is why not pop to a Car boot sale tomorrow morning if there is one/you can get there. There are so many kids toys there that you will get for very little.
    It may be a bit late for STP now (it takes around 3 days to get it transferred to payal). I know you've said you do it, but I would try and find an hour a night when little one has gone to bed - I make £5 a day from it and over a week that's £35 - to me it makes a lot of difference!
    Once you realise it's paying off and you get up to 4 stars it's great as you can do it when you want and the money comes relatively quickly compared to other places. Keep it in mind for next time!
    Hope your little one has a good birthday.
  • k8eh
    k8eh Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    sophie131 wrote: »
    I agree with what other people have said about toys -small children don't remember!. Another suggestion though is why not pop to a Car boot sale tomorrow morning if there is one/you can get there. There are so many kids toys there that you will get for very little.
    It may be a bit late for STP now (it takes around 3 days to get it transferred to payal). I know you've said you do it, but I would try and find an hour a night when little one has gone to bed - I make £5 a day from it and over a week that's £35 - to me it makes a lot of difference!
    Once you realise it's paying off and you get up to 4 stars it's great as you can do it when you want and the money comes relatively quickly compared to other places. Keep it in mind for next time!
    Hope your little one has a good birthday.

...what's STP? am i being dull haha
  • Scaredy_Cat_3
    Options
    k8eh wrote: »

Might be Slice The Pie??? :confused:
  • laurenjs88
    laurenjs88 Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    k8eh wrote: »

Slice the Pie