halifax web saver reward account!?

Options
2»

Comments

• mrbrown
    mrbrown Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    I opened my account on the 18th Nov. It said I have to reply to the email quoting ref number to complete the account setup. It wasnt a phishing email (although it did look like one at first). Can anyone else confirm they received this email?
  • johnoz
    johnoz Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I've set up one of these for myself and for my wife - no e-mail in either case, though, and they both seem to be set up fine.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have set up one too. No e mail here. Mine is now showing as "variable", but 5%
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrbrown wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm they received this email?

I set one up in the OH's name on Sunday. No Email .... but we're both existing customers. However .. reading your posts carefully - looks as though you were!

But I did open a Guaranteed Saver Reward several months ago (to partner 2 x 10% Reg Savers) .... and had an Email similar to the one you describe. But I judged that to be because the accounts were opened via the online people (as I had a couple of 7% Reg Savers to close .. and that's the only route you could take). It was simply to denote acceptance of the T&Cs ... which you do by ticking boxes etc if you do it online or via post. So - provided it's not asking for any security data .... I wouldn't worry over much.

Noticed my (sorry - the OH's - it's just my money that's in it !) Web SaverReward has just moved overnight to showing 5% from the NA that's been there since opening 72hrs ago. So - so much for the fact you can only have one Web Saver Reward ! With a couple of joint ones we have ..... that's 3 in the OH name so far!
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure