New Paypal Spoof

Options
Just received this email from a scammer, I have had similar emails in the past but if you get a newbie or if your not concentrating you may just complete your details

On the email in the "from box" it says paypal so at first glance it looks semi real but the email opens as a picture and as normal when you hover over the link it takes you to a massive url address that is fake and steals all your details

The other giveaway is the address for the goods to be delivered as I am in the UK and the goods are supposed to be sent to the USA and to a different name

paypalspoof14rg.th.gif

Comments

• mcwarre
    mcwarre Posts: 835 Forumite
    Options
    It says Dear paypal member for a start. IGNORE ALL PAYPAL / EBAY EMAILS OF THIS TYPE. Sign into each site directly (not via a link in any email) and if there is a problem they will let you know immediately.

End of fake emails then isn't it?
    "Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington

The Official "Why does everyone have 'Official member of....club'?" which tend to be stupid/irrelevant Society. Member No 1 (I am aware of the irony btw)
  • bettyr
    bettyr Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    I got one today too. I deleted it after advice from this forum. :T
  • slowen
    slowen Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mcwarre wrote:
    It says Dear paypal member for a start. IGNORE ALL PAYPAL / EBAY EMAILS OF THIS TYPE. Sign into each site directly (not via a link in any email) and if there is a problem they will let you know immediately.

End of fake emails then isn't it?

I am a seller who has been trading on ebay for a while and have been sent numerous scams but decided to post a sample of the spoof incase any newbies asked and it just shows what the spoof looks like. As you say ebay/paypal will never email it's members asking for information etc... and if it is a genuine email it will show up in the "my mail" section in the ebay account page
  • salthegal
    salthegal Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    I got one too, darn spammers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business