We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Battery? Starter? Alternator? Please help poor student.
Comments
-
btw OP when you buy your battery charger and charge your battery, disconnect the positive terminal on the battery whilst you are charging it.0
-
Can't fault your logic Wig. My reasoning was that batteries go far more often than Alternators and in my experience a petrol car with a duff alternator does not drive around for 10 minutes with windseceen wipers on and then die, it dies very quickly - just hope for DC's sake it's not both!0
-
Well, thanks for everyone's help. I decided to go ahead and buy a battery. It was relatively inexpensive and I thought by the time I bought a battery charger to get the car going again to test the alternator, I might as well have bought a battery. A friend is bringing over the thingy to test the voltage to determine if it is the alternator. Will let you know. By the way I installed the battery myself. So now I have changed a battery and bulbs, changed a broken front lense, changed a tire, repaired a spot of rust, flushed my radiator, and of course maintained all fluids in my little car. Boyfriend thinks I am a car goddess?!?A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. --Eleanor Roosevelt0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards