Buying Mobility Car

2»

Replies

• Hi
    It is by far the best to buy your car at auction we found www.thecarconsultant.co.uk who gave free advice on values and even had a printout of where all makes and models of mobility car were being auctioned nationwide. we were going to buy our own mobility car back but he found us one with half our mileage and a higher spec for £2600 less
  • I have only had my mobility car for my son for 5 months and my son has had a growing spurt and is growing very rapidly (he over 4ft at 6 year old!!!!) he seams squashed now in the back of our focus, as he cant sit as adults would due to his cerbral palsy. Does anyone know if they would consider changing for a bigger one after such a short time?
  • I have only had my mobility car for my son for 5 months and my son has had a growing spurt and is growing very rapidly (he over 4ft at 6 year old!!!!) he seams squashed now in the back of our focus, as he cant sit as adults would due to his cerbral palsy. Does anyone know if they would consider changing for a bigger one after such a short time?

Why can't he sit in the front of the car?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.

we have just got a focus zetec & there seems to be plenty of room in the back,
    when i choose the car i was very fussy, seems to be a great car.

could he not sit in the front? theres plenty of room (im 5ft 6 & quite broad) theres plenty of room for me in the passengers and drivers seat, you could try pushing the seat right back for your son,

i dont know if there would exchange it, think it would depend on value/wear and tear & stuff like that,

it would be worth giving mobility a ring to see what they say, just explain how you feel and that after driving in the car for this amount of time you feel it isnt suitable.

hth
  • pstuartpstuart Forumite
    668 Posts
    Just took delivery of my new car in Dec 2008 - they put my own reg no. on it (the only thing left of me being rich!)
    Looking at the registration paperwork today and found that my number was actually transferred from a new pre registered '56' model.
    A 'new' motability car thats 2 years old!!!
    Don't take it for granted when you buy second hand that there is only one name on the 'log book'.
    Will be taking this up with Motobilty on Monday.
  • Why can't he sit in the front of the car?

because children like to push buttons and pull gear sticks which is distracting while your driving.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Christmas lights running cost

We've crunched the numbers

MSE Guides

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals