High Street Sales Discussion

Options

Comments

• xxxTxxx
    Options
    B&Q have 15% off when you spend over £50 starting tommorrow. they also have half price kitchens and bathrooms starting tommorow and an offer on their interest free (6months at the mo but is changing to more in jan)
  • Daeheryn
    Options
    Waterstone's stores will be having up to 75% off of their sale items starting from Boxing Day - I didn't get a good chance to look at the details today, but there's some massive reductions, including limited edition signed boxed books normally costing up to £60 (like Khaled Hosseini, Phillip Pullman, Russell T Davies etc) for less than £10.

I'll try and get more details at work tomorrow and post them here! Can't get any website details though...
    Pay off as much as you can in 2011 challenge #116 £394.24/£6722.58
  • Wise_Guy
    Options
    Just to let you know that the monsoon online sale has started (www.monsoon.co.uk) with up to 50% off.
  • cookie456
    Options
    deco105 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Selfridges in London will have a sale on Boxing Day?

Yep, Selfridges starts 9am tomorrow! Check out this website that lists what's going to be in the sale - https://www.salemole.com - might help you plan what bargains to buy!! :j
  • wornoutandweary
    Options
    Happy christmas everyone!!!
    Anyone know if this sale is in stores as well, please?
  • MoneyLovesCompany
    Options
    B & Q have a 50% off Sale. Now on the face of it, that sounds very good. However, 6 months ago I was quoted £12,000 for a new kitchen. When I called them today for an updated quote, I was told by the manager that because of price rises over that period, it would now cost me about £10,000, a saving of only 16% on their original asking price. Interesting! By my calculations, they must have put up their prices over the last 6 months by some 66% to £20,000 in order to bring them down by 50% now to £10,000. It certainly puts their 50% discount into perspective.
  • markwallace
    Options
    sdestinyp wrote: »
    B & Q have a 50% off Sale. Now on the face of it, that sounds very good. However, 6 months ago I was quoted £12,000 for a new kitchen. When I called them today for an updated quote, I was told by the manager that because of price rises over that period, it would now cost me about £10,000, a saving of only 16% on their original asking price. Interesting! By my calculations, they must have put up their prices over the last 6 months by some 66% to £20,000 in order to bring them down by 50% now to £10,000. It certainly puts their 50% discount into perspective.

Looking at the B&Q website, many of the kitchen units are now half price. Why not get a brand new quote choosing the half price units.
  • dreamlife99
    Options
    Looking at the B&Q website, many of the kitchen units are now half price. Why not get a brand new quote choosing the half price units.

because in the run up to xmas they doubled their prices and then have reduced them to half price meaning youy save 0%. what a bargain! have a look on other b&q threads for more information. leaflets showing evidence of this!
  • Anto_AV
    Options
    If anyone's after a new kitchen for 2009, Magnet is offering a great Winter Sale. Current discount includes 50% off all cabinets with up to 70% off some selected ranges.

There's also the choice of a free Wi Fi Cabinet TV or AEG appliance pack which includes a dishwasher, oven, hob and hood.

I went in store today and have to admit that their kitchen designs and build quality seemed far superior to that of any similar retail outlet. Plus it's great value for money! I believe the sale ends 31st January.

Hope that helps!
  • SINGLE
    SINGLE Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Boots Will Be Doing Furter Deductions On 16th Jan So Sales Assistant Told Me Yesterday :t
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure