did anyone open the 8% home saver with abbey?

Options
tried getting nationwide to set up a standing order for this account, they said they cant get it set up on ther sytems, never had a problem setting up a standing order before,has anybody else had problems?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• nicko33
    nicko33 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Options
    I would have loved one of those, but they deem me too old...
  • russet
    russet Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I have one of these....I think..
    I opened one 2 weeks ago, yesterday I went on to the branch to check it was all okay. When I gave the cashier my name she said that she had all my details on her computer but 'you don't have any accounts with Abbey'. She said she would look into it and phone me by the end of the day (I haven't heard from her). Today I went to a different branch of Abbey and they couldn't find my account using my name either but did find it using the account number - apparently the account hadn't been verified properly by the branch manager.
    Regarding paying money into it, I have to use the 'bill paying' feature of my online banking to pay the standing order, (the sort code and account number are common abbey numbers) the personal account number goes in the 'reference from your bill' space. I haven't tested this yet but the cashier in abbey checked it for me.
  • kanchhelskis
    Options
    thanks r u with nationwide?
  • russet
    russet Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    no, I'm with Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing