Blue Badge Scheme Application Form

My father who is 68 has a pacemaker fitted, angina and now severe back problems and is under the spinal unit hospital.

He is experiencing pain in walking now and we have got an application form for a blue badge to fill in.

I was just wondering, what people put down on their form, for the maximum walking distance without stopping etc.

A few years ago he applied for dla middle rate and was turned down, even though he had all his heart problems.

Comments

• You put down the distance he can walk before he either experiences pain or breathlessness.
    s/e
  • colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    also put on the form tht ur father is having great discomfort when walking short distance,, it aint always about length of walk but quality of walk:)
  • Rebel
    Rebel Posts: 189
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Please remember to only put down the truth because it invarioubly comes out, if your father is in pain after a few feet then put that down, if however he is okay for 15 metres and then it hurts you should tell them that as well, as long as you tell the truth you will get it if you are entitled to, if you are not entitled to it then at least you know you have been truthful.

Also remember if you do get turned down you may be able to appeal but if they believe you havent been honest they will turn you down no matter what.

ps the important thing is how far he can walk without pain, not walk without stopping, some people can walk for ages without stopping, but they are in pain all the time.
  • Rebel wrote: »
    ps the important thing is how far he can walk without pain, not walk without stopping, some people can walk for ages without stopping, but they are in pain all the time.

This was what has always stopped me from applying for anything. I am able to walk for quite a while but am in a major amount of pain all the time. Sos thanks for the clarification
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure